Skip to main content

Savarn ... doing the Portfolio thing

Submitted by Savarn on

Please enjoy, these are are renders from the work I'm currently doing in a group project of the street level for a game. It's being built in Max for the Torque Game Engine. We'll have the single level demo available for download by the end of the year. So far it's taken a few months of planning/research/concept art and a few months of development to get it to this stage. All thoughts always welcomed.

panoramic render for skybox

Corner motel with fallen crane

Reverse angle looking out over the motel

Submitted by Savarn on Sun, 12/11/06 - 6:01 PM Permalink

This is an interior I was creating for the end of the level we are working on for this project, but alas we are not going to be able to include it in this first demo.

just as a point of interest, all of the shadows are in the textures so this scene could be lit by a single light.Savarn2006-11-12 20:39:22

Submitted by Johnn on Mon, 13/11/06 - 5:27 AM Permalink

The snakey device in the centre of the ceiling delivers and deposits the bodies to the wall storage units? I don't thing it will reach to the floor! It would also make a great focus for the room if it was much more complicated and robust looking (imho). I like the overall idea of the room though.

Submitted by Savarn on Mon, 13/11/06 - 7:33 AM Permalink

well everything in the building is built in a "less is more" fashion. I was just keeping with the stark, clean, simple style we were using.

As for it not reaching the bottom, yes you're right, if it weren't for it being able to retract into the ceiling like it does, it wouldn't. I'm not saying you're wrong but just that it isn't meant to be a focus. I probably could have spent more polys on it if it were more of a focus, but the focus of the room is the body that will be lying on the table. As the room is rather tight also, not many people will be noticing the tray extractor unless they make an effor to look up.

Submitted by Johnn on Mon, 13/11/06 - 7:50 AM Permalink

retracting - that explains it, I'm happy again :)

Submitted by Savarn on Mon, 13/11/06 - 8:01 AM Permalink

nah that's cool man, I'm happy I got a response. I should really display some hydrolics or something on it anyhoo, but I didn't wanna spend too much time on it. I should put some kind of body in there really to suggest that's what the focus is on. Usually I do that with lighting but everything is just so brightly lit throughout this level (we were going to try and get all the white walls almost pulsing with light but we will have to experiment with that in Torque next year).

Submitted by Neffy on Tue, 14/11/06 - 4:46 AM Permalink

have a lens flare :D

Posted by Savarn on

Please enjoy, these are are renders from the work I'm currently doing in a group project of the street level for a game. It's being built in Max for the Torque Game Engine. We'll have the single level demo available for download by the end of the year. So far it's taken a few months of planning/research/concept art and a few months of development to get it to this stage. All thoughts always welcomed.

panoramic render for skybox

Corner motel with fallen crane

Reverse angle looking out over the motel

Submitted by Savarn on Sun, 12/11/06 - 6:01 PM Permalink

This is an interior I was creating for the end of the level we are working on for this project, but alas we are not going to be able to include it in this first demo.

just as a point of interest, all of the shadows are in the textures so this scene could be lit by a single light.Savarn2006-11-12 20:39:22

Submitted by Johnn on Mon, 13/11/06 - 5:27 AM Permalink

The snakey device in the centre of the ceiling delivers and deposits the bodies to the wall storage units? I don't thing it will reach to the floor! It would also make a great focus for the room if it was much more complicated and robust looking (imho). I like the overall idea of the room though.

Submitted by Savarn on Mon, 13/11/06 - 7:33 AM Permalink

well everything in the building is built in a "less is more" fashion. I was just keeping with the stark, clean, simple style we were using.

As for it not reaching the bottom, yes you're right, if it weren't for it being able to retract into the ceiling like it does, it wouldn't. I'm not saying you're wrong but just that it isn't meant to be a focus. I probably could have spent more polys on it if it were more of a focus, but the focus of the room is the body that will be lying on the table. As the room is rather tight also, not many people will be noticing the tray extractor unless they make an effor to look up.

Submitted by Johnn on Mon, 13/11/06 - 7:50 AM Permalink

retracting - that explains it, I'm happy again :)

Submitted by Savarn on Mon, 13/11/06 - 8:01 AM Permalink

nah that's cool man, I'm happy I got a response. I should really display some hydrolics or something on it anyhoo, but I didn't wanna spend too much time on it. I should put some kind of body in there really to suggest that's what the focus is on. Usually I do that with lighting but everything is just so brightly lit throughout this level (we were going to try and get all the white walls almost pulsing with light but we will have to experiment with that in Torque next year).

Submitted by Neffy on Tue, 14/11/06 - 4:46 AM Permalink

have a lens flare :D