Skip to main content

xbox nazi

Submitted by Ninja on
Forum
Submitted by Djenx on Tue, 11/11/03 - 11:38 PM Permalink

My brother bought an x box, even after I begged him not to [:(]and needless to say after watching such "Great" titles as phantom crash!!! and kung-fu-chaos!!! For a full 10 min!!!! I went back to my room plugged in my N64 and started playing golden eye. I'm glad that day had a happy ending [:)]

Submitted by Happy Camper on Wed, 12/11/03 - 12:00 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Djenx

My brother bought an x box, even after I begged him not to [:(]and needless to say after watching such "Great" titles as phantom crash!!! and kung-fu-chaos!!! For a full 10 min!!!! I went back to my room plugged in my N64 and started playing golden eye. I'm glad that day had a happy ending [:)]

Out of the PS2, Gamucube and Xbox, Xbox is my favourite console. If you still don't like Xbox try Halo. Don't be a fan boy, you'll miss out on what the other consoles have to offer (I'm assuming your a nintendo fan).

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 12/11/03 - 12:42 AM Permalink

That article was kind of funny. Considering that he really didn't have anything new to say about the console. Just the usual crap that every site had to say when it first came out.

I liked the Xbox because of it's controller. The same reason why I liked the Dreamcast. The controller is a good size for me. I find that the PS/PS2 controller is too small for me and I get cramps after a while. Plus the PS D-Pad reeks (blisters ahoy). I still think that JSRF is one of the best games on the Xbox. It is just a pity that no one has played it. Magazines even rated it really well, but no one wants to try it.

Overall I would love to own one of all the consoles that exist as they all have a few good games on them. I just don't have the room and inlets to have them all (money as also a factor :p). I was seriously thinking of buying a PS2 just for Rez, but it was only released in VERY small quantities. Another good game that never got the support it should have. At least I got to play it on the DC :D

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Wed, 12/11/03 - 12:58 AM Permalink

I just completed my next gen collection last week - got a Cube and a GBA SP for $150 NZ (about $125 Aussie). Booyah.

The Xbox has got the most game time for me. It still hasnt reached it's potential as far as Im concerned. JSRF is a very good game but it's not that addictive for me, I find it hard to go back to. Shenmue 2 and Halo are my picks from my (albeit small) collection. It's the games of 2004 that I'm looking forward to most. Having said that - Xbox needs more exclusive content, it's been out since 2001 now...

The PS2 is great for the exclusive games but I feel a little underwhelmed by the amount of sequels that keep showing up. Having said that MGS2 is easily in my top 5 of all times. PS2's a great system you can't go wrong with. I'm keen for Rez too.

The cube is going to be home of the games that I missed on other systems (like the Xbox is) - I'm after Ikaruga, Skies of Arcadia Legends but most of all Viewtiful Joe. Will pick that up next week and also MGS:Twin Snakes - Holy shit! Did anyone see that vid of the Ninja fighting Snake? The new director of photography/cut scenes is excellent!

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Wed, 12/11/03 - 1:01 AM Permalink

If you weren't paying for it, why beg him not to buy it?

The Xbox has done everything right so far with the exception of not being able to secure exclusive content (although I think this will change in the near future). It's got a HD, allows for online play for those that want it -- you can do lots of extra stuff with dvd's and mp3 ripper. It's a great system. Even when they got stuff wrong, they've attempted to fix it - ie Making the 'Controller S' the system standard.

Oh - I just remembered - Ninja Gaiden and Sudeki are on my most wanted Xbox list along with Fable (maybe), Dues Ex 2, Halo 2.

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 12/11/03 - 2:58 AM Permalink

It would be nice to see the Xbox with more exclusive content, but I would be happy if it would just have some nice old school shooters on there (like Ikaruga). Sudeki looks like it may be good, especially seeing as their are few few proper RPGs on the Xbox. I'm really waiting for O.TO.GI, but I don't know if we are even going to get that over here (I thought it was supposed to be out by now). The thing that makes that even more painful is that O.TO.GI 2 is being made :( Halo has had a LOT of play time, but I think that JSRF beats it out by a couple of hours (I love games where you have to complete EVERYTHING). I now have Halo PC and have been playing that way too much online. That is the reason why my Villain updates have become so few.

Submitted by Djenx on Wed, 12/11/03 - 3:20 AM Permalink

The only thing I have against xbox is the quantity of good titles, Yes they have some very good games, but you can get most of those on computer which sort of defeats the purpose of getting a console in the first place

If he hadn't of gotten an Xbox he would have been able to upgrade his comp from the p3 500mhz he has now, and ultimately play all of the cool PC/XboX Games as well as being able to do a hell of lot more

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 12/11/03 - 5:55 AM Permalink

I have a friend who was tossing up between either buying a Xbox/PS2 or a new PC. He bought the new PC and was kicking himself after as he played games. He didn't care about making them, he doesn't have the net hooked up, and all he does on the PC is do his Flash Uni assignments on it. He would have much prefered a new console, so that he can just lie down on his couch and play games on a big TV.

If your friend is happy with the Xbox, then I say good on him. If he is unhappy with his decisions, well then I am sure that he learned his lesson and will think more seriously the next time around.

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Wed, 12/11/03 - 1:14 PM Permalink

O.TO.GI is out in NZ, I've seen it in the shops, so it's bound to be out in Aussie. I think Australasia have the same distribution channels.

I don't know if you can get most of the good Xbox games on computer, but I know you can often get them on other platforms. Usually the Xbox one looks the best so if you're deciding on which version to go, 8 times out of 10, the Xbox version is the one to choose. Playing Xbox games (that are ported to PC) work better for me. Just pop in the disc and away you go. No fiddling around with frame rates, patches and the like. Console gaming is about plug and play. Actually, I will concede that a lot of Xbox games you can find on PC. Probably due to the similar architecture. However, I dont think you'll find many PC games from the Japanese developers (not that there's that many supporting Xbox anyway).

quote:If he hadn't of gotten an Xbox he would have been able to upgrade his comp from the p3 500mhz he has now, and ultimately play all of the cool PC/XboX Games as well as being able to do a hell of lot more

Considering that an Xbox costs about $350 - what parts for a PC could you upgrade to? If you can find me a top end PC to play Doom 3 on for around $600, sign me up! I probably seem a bit of a zealot but I think MS have done more right than wrong with the Xbox, but they're still copping a lot of flak. A hangover from the PC world, probably.

Submitted by Ninja on Wed, 12/11/03 - 8:28 PM Permalink

OTOgi is a mad game very good to play and very interesting characters and sets lotsa particle effects as well [:)] (the models are kick arse good), although it is pretty much a rip off SHINOBI, i love games like that [:D] looking forward to otogi 2 as well [:)]

Submitted by Doord on Wed, 12/11/03 - 9:49 PM Permalink

I have to say something. The 2nd gen X-box which are about to come out over the next 4 months will show everyone what the x-box is made of. The main reason the x-box has not that many AAA games is because most devepolers didn't know how it was going to do. but after seeing Halo and DOA 3 alot took note (and a little money microsoft help also) a lot of good developers started games.

the frist of these title was Star Wars: Knight of the old from bio ware, yes this game is coming to pc but by the time it is out it will be four or five months after the x-box. and the game has done so well that bio-ware are making another x-box only RPG after the one more that they were contracted to make anyway.

Then only goes up from there. X-box has the three big PC titles in Duse-Ex2 Half-Life2 and doom3 and also many more x-box to pc game spinler cell 2, rainbow six 3. No the x-box isn't just a low cost PC which can play all them PC games it has a huge line up of othe X-Box only games. Fable, BC, Ninja Gandian, Halo2, DOA online, A number of game from rare (5 I think and one a which is perfect Dark2) and a range of game that have not been talk about (bigwrold) I'm sure there are lot I have missed, But I think you all get the idea. Oh I forgot all them good game which are cros platfrom, all games I have listed here will not be on the Gamecube for PS2.

Why wouldn't buy an X-box???

Submitted by redwyre on Wed, 12/11/03 - 10:10 PM Permalink

Hey man, Phantom Crash rocks.

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Wed, 12/11/03 - 11:56 PM Permalink

Some of those Rare games haven't been scoring too well - not that reviewers are the be all and end all. Grabbed by the ghoulies has received middling reviews at best. Haven't seen any shots of PD2, but it's safe to say that it's a given. Some rumours have been floating around that PD2 might be a launch title in 2005 (ish) for NeXtBox. I'd prefer it if it came out for Xbox instead.

Killer Instinct 3 is another that Rare are supposed to be doing. Xbox is a little light on fighters (at least, to the extent that the PS2 has them, so hopefully it'll have the depth of the old KI games. With all the cutesy games Rare have done recently, it's easy to forget these guys made games like Battletoads, KI plus loads of others when they were called Ultimate (play the game?)

To be honest - Xbox has had a quiet year but Doord is right, I think 2004 will be the Xbox's year. Off the top of my head, I can only think of MGS3:Snake Eater as a must have for PS2. Maybe FF12 but that's a wee way off.

Submitted by Happy Camper on Thu, 13/11/03 - 12:07 AM Permalink

And your all forgetting Xbox Live. even though PC has online gaming, Xbox Live is so well set up and so easy to use, the fact that it's broadband only I think is a good thing.

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Thu, 13/11/03 - 1:39 AM Permalink

yeah - Xbox live is the thing that MS have probably got the most right. While it's good they've gone BB only - it does mean that Europe, Australasia wont use it as much due to the lack of BB penetration.

Posted by Ninja on
Forum

Submitted by Djenx on Tue, 11/11/03 - 11:38 PM Permalink

Submitted by Happy Camper on Wed, 12/11/03 - 12:00 AM Permalink

Out of the PS2, Gamucube and Xbox, Xbox is my favourite console. If you still don't like Xbox try Halo. Don't be a fan boy, you'll miss out on what the other consoles have to offer (I'm assuming your a nintendo fan).

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 12/11/03 - 12:42 AM Permalink

That article was kind of funny. Considering that he really didn't have anything new to say about the console. Just the usual crap that every site had to say when it first came out.

I liked the Xbox because of it's controller. The same reason why I liked the Dreamcast. The controller is a good size for me. I find that the PS/PS2 controller is too small for me and I get cramps after a while. Plus the PS D-Pad reeks (blisters ahoy). I still think that JSRF is one of the best games on the Xbox. It is just a pity that no one has played it. Magazines even rated it really well, but no one wants to try it.

Overall I would love to own one of all the consoles that exist as they all have a few good games on them. I just don't have the room and inlets to have them all (money as also a factor :p). I was seriously thinking of buying a PS2 just for Rez, but it was only released in VERY small quantities. Another good game that never got the support it should have. At least I got to play it on the DC :D

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Wed, 12/11/03 - 12:58 AM Permalink

I just completed my next gen collection last week - got a Cube and a GBA SP for $150 NZ (about $125 Aussie). Booyah.

The Xbox has got the most game time for me. It still hasnt reached it's potential as far as Im concerned. JSRF is a very good game but it's not that addictive for me, I find it hard to go back to. Shenmue 2 and Halo are my picks from my (albeit small) collection. It's the games of 2004 that I'm looking forward to most. Having said that - Xbox needs more exclusive content, it's been out since 2001 now...

The PS2 is great for the exclusive games but I feel a little underwhelmed by the amount of sequels that keep showing up. Having said that MGS2 is easily in my top 5 of all times. PS2's a great system you can't go wrong with. I'm keen for Rez too.

The cube is going to be home of the games that I missed on other systems (like the Xbox is) - I'm after Ikaruga, Skies of Arcadia Legends but most of all Viewtiful Joe. Will pick that up next week and also MGS:Twin Snakes - Holy shit! Did anyone see that vid of the Ninja fighting Snake? The new director of photography/cut scenes is excellent!

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Wed, 12/11/03 - 1:01 AM Permalink

If you weren't paying for it, why beg him not to buy it?

The Xbox has done everything right so far with the exception of not being able to secure exclusive content (although I think this will change in the near future). It's got a HD, allows for online play for those that want it -- you can do lots of extra stuff with dvd's and mp3 ripper. It's a great system. Even when they got stuff wrong, they've attempted to fix it - ie Making the 'Controller S' the system standard.

Oh - I just remembered - Ninja Gaiden and Sudeki are on my most wanted Xbox list along with Fable (maybe), Dues Ex 2, Halo 2.

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 12/11/03 - 2:58 AM Permalink

It would be nice to see the Xbox with more exclusive content, but I would be happy if it would just have some nice old school shooters on there (like Ikaruga). Sudeki looks like it may be good, especially seeing as their are few few proper RPGs on the Xbox. I'm really waiting for O.TO.GI, but I don't know if we are even going to get that over here (I thought it was supposed to be out by now). The thing that makes that even more painful is that O.TO.GI 2 is being made :( Halo has had a LOT of play time, but I think that JSRF beats it out by a couple of hours (I love games where you have to complete EVERYTHING). I now have Halo PC and have been playing that way too much online. That is the reason why my Villain updates have become so few.

Submitted by Djenx on Wed, 12/11/03 - 3:20 AM Permalink

The only thing I have against xbox is the quantity of good titles, Yes they have some very good games, but you can get most of those on computer which sort of defeats the purpose of getting a console in the first place

If he hadn't of gotten an Xbox he would have been able to upgrade his comp from the p3 500mhz he has now, and ultimately play all of the cool PC/XboX Games as well as being able to do a hell of lot more

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 12/11/03 - 5:55 AM Permalink

I have a friend who was tossing up between either buying a Xbox/PS2 or a new PC. He bought the new PC and was kicking himself after as he played games. He didn't care about making them, he doesn't have the net hooked up, and all he does on the PC is do his Flash Uni assignments on it. He would have much prefered a new console, so that he can just lie down on his couch and play games on a big TV.

If your friend is happy with the Xbox, then I say good on him. If he is unhappy with his decisions, well then I am sure that he learned his lesson and will think more seriously the next time around.

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Wed, 12/11/03 - 1:14 PM Permalink

O.TO.GI is out in NZ, I've seen it in the shops, so it's bound to be out in Aussie. I think Australasia have the same distribution channels.

I don't know if you can get most of the good Xbox games on computer, but I know you can often get them on other platforms. Usually the Xbox one looks the best so if you're deciding on which version to go, 8 times out of 10, the Xbox version is the one to choose. Playing Xbox games (that are ported to PC) work better for me. Just pop in the disc and away you go. No fiddling around with frame rates, patches and the like. Console gaming is about plug and play. Actually, I will concede that a lot of Xbox games you can find on PC. Probably due to the similar architecture. However, I dont think you'll find many PC games from the Japanese developers (not that there's that many supporting Xbox anyway).

quote:If he hadn't of gotten an Xbox he would have been able to upgrade his comp from the p3 500mhz he has now, and ultimately play all of the cool PC/XboX Games as well as being able to do a hell of lot more

Considering that an Xbox costs about $350 - what parts for a PC could you upgrade to? If you can find me a top end PC to play Doom 3 on for around $600, sign me up! I probably seem a bit of a zealot but I think MS have done more right than wrong with the Xbox, but they're still copping a lot of flak. A hangover from the PC world, probably.

Submitted by Ninja on Wed, 12/11/03 - 8:28 PM Permalink

OTOgi is a mad game very good to play and very interesting characters and sets lotsa particle effects as well [:)] (the models are kick arse good), although it is pretty much a rip off SHINOBI, i love games like that [:D] looking forward to otogi 2 as well [:)]

Submitted by Doord on Wed, 12/11/03 - 9:49 PM Permalink

I have to say something. The 2nd gen X-box which are about to come out over the next 4 months will show everyone what the x-box is made of. The main reason the x-box has not that many AAA games is because most devepolers didn't know how it was going to do. but after seeing Halo and DOA 3 alot took note (and a little money microsoft help also) a lot of good developers started games.

the frist of these title was Star Wars: Knight of the old from bio ware, yes this game is coming to pc but by the time it is out it will be four or five months after the x-box. and the game has done so well that bio-ware are making another x-box only RPG after the one more that they were contracted to make anyway.

Then only goes up from there. X-box has the three big PC titles in Duse-Ex2 Half-Life2 and doom3 and also many more x-box to pc game spinler cell 2, rainbow six 3. No the x-box isn't just a low cost PC which can play all them PC games it has a huge line up of othe X-Box only games. Fable, BC, Ninja Gandian, Halo2, DOA online, A number of game from rare (5 I think and one a which is perfect Dark2) and a range of game that have not been talk about (bigwrold) I'm sure there are lot I have missed, But I think you all get the idea. Oh I forgot all them good game which are cros platfrom, all games I have listed here will not be on the Gamecube for PS2.

Why wouldn't buy an X-box???

Submitted by redwyre on Wed, 12/11/03 - 10:10 PM Permalink

Hey man, Phantom Crash rocks.

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Wed, 12/11/03 - 11:56 PM Permalink

Some of those Rare games haven't been scoring too well - not that reviewers are the be all and end all. Grabbed by the ghoulies has received middling reviews at best. Haven't seen any shots of PD2, but it's safe to say that it's a given. Some rumours have been floating around that PD2 might be a launch title in 2005 (ish) for NeXtBox. I'd prefer it if it came out for Xbox instead.

Killer Instinct 3 is another that Rare are supposed to be doing. Xbox is a little light on fighters (at least, to the extent that the PS2 has them, so hopefully it'll have the depth of the old KI games. With all the cutesy games Rare have done recently, it's easy to forget these guys made games like Battletoads, KI plus loads of others when they were called Ultimate (play the game?)

To be honest - Xbox has had a quiet year but Doord is right, I think 2004 will be the Xbox's year. Off the top of my head, I can only think of MGS3:Snake Eater as a must have for PS2. Maybe FF12 but that's a wee way off.

Submitted by Happy Camper on Thu, 13/11/03 - 12:07 AM Permalink

And your all forgetting Xbox Live. even though PC has online gaming, Xbox Live is so well set up and so easy to use, the fact that it's broadband only I think is a good thing.

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Thu, 13/11/03 - 1:39 AM Permalink

yeah - Xbox live is the thing that MS have probably got the most right. While it's good they've gone BB only - it does mean that Europe, Australasia wont use it as much due to the lack of BB penetration.