Skip to main content

Any game devs in Adelaide?

Submitted by raicuandi on
Forum

Hello,

My name is Andy Anderson, I've moved to Adelaide like 2 months ago from Europe. Game dev is pretty much all I do all day, I've been working for the last 3 weeks on a game, started with nada (0, null, nothing) in C++ with DirectX and other goodies, and its been going pretty good: I've got a mesh format up, made an exporter for Blender and got some models rendering, some GUI is up and now I'm doing some more on the GUI. But there's more to it than that, there are more than 100 source files, around 15000 lines of code etc.

I'd like to use that code to make a serious game, I made some small games in the past, and I can do all the coding myself (though its a bit boring that way), but I really can't do the artwork (textures and models).

So I was wondering, if there's anybody in Adelaide with a bit of free time to help me out, I'd love to make some kind of game like a platformer or a FPS (there isn't much content to do at a first person shooter), who knows, we might get something out of it actually... or at least a decent addition to the CV so we could get jobs into the gamedev industry...

If any modeler is interested, then I have no preferences in the actual game type, you can choose, I just like to code games, not design them :)

In any case, here's a bit of an old screenshot, with the monkey head from Blender, which doesn't look too good without the lighting.... (an important todo on my list)

Submitted by souri on Tue, 10/07/07 - 11:07 PM Permalink

It might be worth making a post at www.adelindie.org which is a community of indie game devs in Adelaide as well.

Posted by raicuandi on
Forum

Hello,

My name is Andy Anderson, I've moved to Adelaide like 2 months ago from Europe. Game dev is pretty much all I do all day, I've been working for the last 3 weeks on a game, started with nada (0, null, nothing) in C++ with DirectX and other goodies, and its been going pretty good: I've got a mesh format up, made an exporter for Blender and got some models rendering, some GUI is up and now I'm doing some more on the GUI. But there's more to it than that, there are more than 100 source files, around 15000 lines of code etc.

I'd like to use that code to make a serious game, I made some small games in the past, and I can do all the coding myself (though its a bit boring that way), but I really can't do the artwork (textures and models).

So I was wondering, if there's anybody in Adelaide with a bit of free time to help me out, I'd love to make some kind of game like a platformer or a FPS (there isn't much content to do at a first person shooter), who knows, we might get something out of it actually... or at least a decent addition to the CV so we could get jobs into the gamedev industry...

If any modeler is interested, then I have no preferences in the actual game type, you can choose, I just like to code games, not design them :)

In any case, here's a bit of an old screenshot, with the monkey head from Blender, which doesn't look too good without the lighting.... (an important todo on my list)

Submitted by souri on Tue, 10/07/07 - 11:07 PM Permalink

It might be worth making a post at www.adelindie.org which is a community of indie game devs in Adelaide as well.