Skip to main content

Astroboy Boxset!

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

This is probably not going to interest anyone except me, and since I already know about it, I'm not sure why I am posting it [8D]. But anyway, there's going to be an [url="http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/item.php?catalogue=MMB134"]Astroboy DVD boxset[/url] available in a few weeks. You can have the entire series for $200!! [:0] Now I can finally throw all away my dodgy video tapes where I recorded some shows 20 years ago!! Heck, I can throw away the video casette releases that Siren sold about 10 years ago! You can [url="http://www.astroboy.com.au"]buy the dvd's seperately[/url], but the boxset looks awesome. The bonus DVD is interesting, and you can tell it was put together by fans of the cartoon. Especially this bit:

? Japanese vs. English Episode Comparisons (Deleted Scenes) Featuring Exclusive Footage From the Original Japanese Episodes with English Subtitles

Not many people actually know that the first episode got a good portion cut out because the censors deemed it too violent.[:X] I actually got to see what they cut out about 10 years ago when my friend had the Japanese version with Chinese dub. [8]

You can all move along now... *pokes you with a stick*

Submitted by ScORCHo on Tue, 09/11/04 - 9:32 PM Permalink

Im sure there will be many interested parties..Like Me!!

Cmon Everybody!

"Soaring high in the sky,
He may be small but only in size.
AstroBoy, AstroBoy,
He is brave and gentle and wise!"

"Stronger Than all the rest,
this mighty robot will pass the test,
Oh villans fear him, so we cheer him,
The amazing AstroBoy!"

and so on...

Submitted by Cam on Thu, 18/11/04 - 10:00 AM Permalink

is it the old series tho for sure.. or the dodgy new remake?

Submitted by palantir on Thu, 18/11/04 - 7:14 PM Permalink

It?s not the original which was made in the 60?s, but it is the 80?s classics, which were far superior to the crap they churn out today.

quote:From Souri?s link:
Produced: 1980

And 11 DVD's... awesome!

However, I was under the impression that the separately available DVD episodes are of the new serries? I thought the DVD boxset was just part of the madman classics range of DVD?s? In any case, it?s great to have access to the 80?s serries. They were awesome. Now, if I could only had $200 to spend on Manga?

Submitted by TyKeiL on Sat, 20/11/04 - 7:26 AM Permalink

greets from shanghai
hey nice ive been looking for this, hopefully i can find it and pick it up for about 5$ au.

im also looking for the robotech series and any other classic anime that i can find over here.

lets hope i can find it in english, or even with english subtitles.

Submitted by souri on Sun, 21/11/04 - 2:36 AM Permalink

I remember seeing a set of four or five brightly coloured boxes containing the entire series of Robotech at EB when their sale was on while ago. Anyway, what are you doing over in China for three months?!

Submitted by TyKeiL on Mon, 29/11/04 - 3:44 AM Permalink

holidaying, i havent yet found astroboy, but i have the entire first 3 seasons of robotech as a boxed set :O)

Posted by souri on
Forum

This is probably not going to interest anyone except me, and since I already know about it, I'm not sure why I am posting it [8D]. But anyway, there's going to be an [url="http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/item.php?catalogue=MMB134"]Astroboy DVD boxset[/url] available in a few weeks. You can have the entire series for $200!! [:0] Now I can finally throw all away my dodgy video tapes where I recorded some shows 20 years ago!! Heck, I can throw away the video casette releases that Siren sold about 10 years ago! You can [url="http://www.astroboy.com.au"]buy the dvd's seperately[/url], but the boxset looks awesome. The bonus DVD is interesting, and you can tell it was put together by fans of the cartoon. Especially this bit:

? Japanese vs. English Episode Comparisons (Deleted Scenes) Featuring Exclusive Footage From the Original Japanese Episodes with English Subtitles

Not many people actually know that the first episode got a good portion cut out because the censors deemed it too violent.[:X] I actually got to see what they cut out about 10 years ago when my friend had the Japanese version with Chinese dub. [8]

You can all move along now... *pokes you with a stick*

Submitted by ScORCHo on Tue, 09/11/04 - 9:32 PM Permalink

Im sure there will be many interested parties..Like Me!!

Cmon Everybody!

"Soaring high in the sky,
He may be small but only in size.
AstroBoy, AstroBoy,
He is brave and gentle and wise!"

"Stronger Than all the rest,
this mighty robot will pass the test,
Oh villans fear him, so we cheer him,
The amazing AstroBoy!"

and so on...

Submitted by Cam on Thu, 18/11/04 - 10:00 AM Permalink

is it the old series tho for sure.. or the dodgy new remake?

Submitted by palantir on Thu, 18/11/04 - 7:14 PM Permalink

It?s not the original which was made in the 60?s, but it is the 80?s classics, which were far superior to the crap they churn out today.

quote:From Souri?s link:
Produced: 1980

And 11 DVD's... awesome!

However, I was under the impression that the separately available DVD episodes are of the new serries? I thought the DVD boxset was just part of the madman classics range of DVD?s? In any case, it?s great to have access to the 80?s serries. They were awesome. Now, if I could only had $200 to spend on Manga?

Submitted by TyKeiL on Sat, 20/11/04 - 7:26 AM Permalink

greets from shanghai
hey nice ive been looking for this, hopefully i can find it and pick it up for about 5$ au.

im also looking for the robotech series and any other classic anime that i can find over here.

lets hope i can find it in english, or even with english subtitles.

Submitted by souri on Sun, 21/11/04 - 2:36 AM Permalink

I remember seeing a set of four or five brightly coloured boxes containing the entire series of Robotech at EB when their sale was on while ago. Anyway, what are you doing over in China for three months?!

Submitted by TyKeiL on Mon, 29/11/04 - 3:44 AM Permalink

holidaying, i havent yet found astroboy, but i have the entire first 3 seasons of robotech as a boxed set :O)