Skip to main content

Microforte positions still open

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

from http://www.microforte.com.au/jobs/open.htm

Sydney Studio Positions
By Facsimile: +61-2-9319 7590
or Email: jobs@syd.microforte.com.au
We are looking to expand our team as we build up to full production. We expect the team to grow to 35 as we build our action MMOG with the vision of delivering a breathtakingly unique style of gameplay. These positions are linked both to the game and to the BigWorld Technology driving it.

If you're after the opportunity to work with a brilliant team, working on world leading technology and a ground breaking game, then please show us what you've got!

Please only apply if you are in Australia or have your own plans to re-locate. We are prepared to consider assisting with international relocation for senior positions only.

Specific Positions: (updated 8 October 2002)
Art Director
Concept Artist
Quality Assurance
Senior Designer
3D Modeller (2 positions still open)

Game Tools Programmer (1 position still open)
Senior Game Programmer (1 position still open)

Submitted by Blitz on Thu, 10/10/02 - 4:59 AM Permalink

I'm kinda surprised by this. Especially the 2 modeller and 1 games tool positions still open. It seems they are being EXTREMELY fussy about who they hire, and obviously can't be incredibly desperate to hire these people. I hear they've got heaps and heaps of applications for these positions...
CYer, Blitz

Posted by souri on
Forum

from http://www.microforte.com.au/jobs/open.htm

Sydney Studio Positions
By Facsimile: +61-2-9319 7590
or Email: jobs@syd.microforte.com.au
We are looking to expand our team as we build up to full production. We expect the team to grow to 35 as we build our action MMOG with the vision of delivering a breathtakingly unique style of gameplay. These positions are linked both to the game and to the BigWorld Technology driving it.

If you're after the opportunity to work with a brilliant team, working on world leading technology and a ground breaking game, then please show us what you've got!

Please only apply if you are in Australia or have your own plans to re-locate. We are prepared to consider assisting with international relocation for senior positions only.

Specific Positions: (updated 8 October 2002)
Art Director
Concept Artist
Quality Assurance
Senior Designer
3D Modeller (2 positions still open)

Game Tools Programmer (1 position still open)
Senior Game Programmer (1 position still open)

Submitted by Blitz on Thu, 10/10/02 - 4:59 AM Permalink

I'm kinda surprised by this. Especially the 2 modeller and 1 games tool positions still open. It seems they are being EXTREMELY fussy about who they hire, and obviously can't be incredibly desperate to hire these people. I hear they've got heaps and heaps of applications for these positions...
CYer, Blitz