Skip to main content

A Nude

Submitted by Pantmonger on

[img]http://www.pantmonger.com/illustrations/golden_nude.jpg[/img]
Image Photo Referenced

Another image done in the way I have been doing speed paints of late, I?m trying to make some paint-esk feel with the cg.
I still put a little too much attention on the face compared to the body. Feedback and crit appreciated.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 09/02/05 - 2:45 AM Permalink

Thats really cool Pants. Without seeing the ref it is hard to know if this is correct or not, but her forearms look a little flat (no thining at her wrists), and the crease between her chest and breasts looks like it is riding a little low. I could be completely wrong though :)

How long did this one take?

Submitted by Pantmonger on Wed, 09/02/05 - 9:59 AM Permalink

Aven: Thanks for the comments, I have fixed the wrist thing (I think) as for the Breast thing, the woman just has quite low breasts, which is exacerbated by the raised shoulders.

I have taken on board a lot of the comments on couple of forums and did a bit more comparison between the ?painting? and the photo and made some changes.

* Sharpened the outlines on the body and fixed some of the overly sloppy brushwork
* Fixed the foot so it looks like a foot and not a rude mating between a club and a blob.
* Changed her nose / cheek / chin and the light on her face to make it look more like the woman it is supposed to look like.
* Took some of the more eye distracting lines out of the background
* Made the legs more separate and distinct.

[img]http://www.pantmonger.com/illustrations/golden_nude_mk2.jpg[/img]

Pantmonger

Submitted by Jacana on Wed, 09/02/05 - 6:40 PM Permalink

Just looking at her breasts.... It looks to me as they round out down at the bottom of her rib cage and not toward the top of her rib cage. Also, there doesn't seem to be any gravity affecting them.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Wed, 09/02/05 - 7:31 PM Permalink

What you have said is true, but I just overlaid this image on top of the reference pic and I?m only out by a few millimeters here and there so I?ll just have to assume that the breasts on this model are just a little odd (artificial maybe?)

Aven: Sorry forgot to answer the time thing. It took a bit less then 3 hours for the first part and and extra 2 for ?bug fixes? because it was fiddly

Pantmonger

Submitted by Jacana on Thu, 10/02/05 - 2:49 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Pantmonger

so I?ll just have to assume that the breasts on this model are just a little odd (artificial maybe?)

I was wondering the same, myself :)

Posted by Pantmonger on

[img]http://www.pantmonger.com/illustrations/golden_nude.jpg[/img]
Image Photo Referenced

Another image done in the way I have been doing speed paints of late, I?m trying to make some paint-esk feel with the cg.
I still put a little too much attention on the face compared to the body. Feedback and crit appreciated.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 09/02/05 - 2:45 AM Permalink

Thats really cool Pants. Without seeing the ref it is hard to know if this is correct or not, but her forearms look a little flat (no thining at her wrists), and the crease between her chest and breasts looks like it is riding a little low. I could be completely wrong though :)

How long did this one take?

Submitted by Pantmonger on Wed, 09/02/05 - 9:59 AM Permalink

Aven: Thanks for the comments, I have fixed the wrist thing (I think) as for the Breast thing, the woman just has quite low breasts, which is exacerbated by the raised shoulders.

I have taken on board a lot of the comments on couple of forums and did a bit more comparison between the ?painting? and the photo and made some changes.

* Sharpened the outlines on the body and fixed some of the overly sloppy brushwork
* Fixed the foot so it looks like a foot and not a rude mating between a club and a blob.
* Changed her nose / cheek / chin and the light on her face to make it look more like the woman it is supposed to look like.
* Took some of the more eye distracting lines out of the background
* Made the legs more separate and distinct.

[img]http://www.pantmonger.com/illustrations/golden_nude_mk2.jpg[/img]

Pantmonger

Submitted by Jacana on Wed, 09/02/05 - 6:40 PM Permalink

Just looking at her breasts.... It looks to me as they round out down at the bottom of her rib cage and not toward the top of her rib cage. Also, there doesn't seem to be any gravity affecting them.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Wed, 09/02/05 - 7:31 PM Permalink

What you have said is true, but I just overlaid this image on top of the reference pic and I?m only out by a few millimeters here and there so I?ll just have to assume that the breasts on this model are just a little odd (artificial maybe?)

Aven: Sorry forgot to answer the time thing. It took a bit less then 3 hours for the first part and and extra 2 for ?bug fixes? because it was fiddly

Pantmonger

Submitted by Jacana on Thu, 10/02/05 - 2:49 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Pantmonger

so I?ll just have to assume that the breasts on this model are just a little odd (artificial maybe?)

I was wondering the same, myself :)