Skip to main content

this is amusing

Forum

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0103/ut2k3mod.html

Landoverbaptist cracks me up every time[}:)]

Lead paint: delicious but deadly!

Submitted by Daemin on Wed, 08/01/03 - 1:09 AM Permalink

That's just whacked...

Never been there before but that one article makes me think its just a gag site against christians.

Might be interesting though.

Submitted by inglis on Wed, 08/01/03 - 1:30 AM Permalink

quote:I felt my heart flutter with excitement when Timothy was able to position Jesus in a spot under a tree on the Mount of Olives and get over 20 kills, but I was not pleased when a Muslim character snuck up behind Him and shot His head right off His shoulders!

that cracked me up.

Submitted by Maitrek on Wed, 08/01/03 - 3:52 AM Permalink

(rant)
Okay, to an extent I appreciate the message behind that article - that christians are pretty damn dumb and should stop pushing their values around the place, and I think some bits of it are funny. But just paying out a christian and expecting it to be hliarious is a little simple. It's like saying something in an Indian accent and then thinking it's comic genius.

On top of that, I hate to be a spoil sport, but a divisive attitude like that only provokes the image of gamers that there is. That we are a bunch of people who think that bloodthirsty (although) virtual killing is some kind of non-issue, when in a sense, it is a pretty sad state of affairs that the only fun we can think of doing is killing things.
(/rant)

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Wed, 08/01/03 - 7:22 AM Permalink

Daemin, yeah it is a gag site, go read the movie reviews :) Maitrek: your rant has a point, but the stuff on that site isn't to be taken seriously ;)

"when it comes to angry killing machines, nothing beats the Lord Jesus!"

Submitted by Maitrek on Wed, 08/01/03 - 11:54 AM Permalink

I agree it's not serious subject matter, and I'll admit it raised a chuckle or two :)

Forum

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0103/ut2k3mod.html

Landoverbaptist cracks me up every time[}:)]

Lead paint: delicious but deadly!

Submitted by Daemin on Wed, 08/01/03 - 1:09 AM Permalink

That's just whacked...

Never been there before but that one article makes me think its just a gag site against christians.

Might be interesting though.

Submitted by inglis on Wed, 08/01/03 - 1:30 AM Permalink

quote:I felt my heart flutter with excitement when Timothy was able to position Jesus in a spot under a tree on the Mount of Olives and get over 20 kills, but I was not pleased when a Muslim character snuck up behind Him and shot His head right off His shoulders!

that cracked me up.

Submitted by Maitrek on Wed, 08/01/03 - 3:52 AM Permalink

(rant)
Okay, to an extent I appreciate the message behind that article - that christians are pretty damn dumb and should stop pushing their values around the place, and I think some bits of it are funny. But just paying out a christian and expecting it to be hliarious is a little simple. It's like saying something in an Indian accent and then thinking it's comic genius.

On top of that, I hate to be a spoil sport, but a divisive attitude like that only provokes the image of gamers that there is. That we are a bunch of people who think that bloodthirsty (although) virtual killing is some kind of non-issue, when in a sense, it is a pretty sad state of affairs that the only fun we can think of doing is killing things.
(/rant)

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Wed, 08/01/03 - 7:22 AM Permalink

Daemin, yeah it is a gag site, go read the movie reviews :) Maitrek: your rant has a point, but the stuff on that site isn't to be taken seriously ;)

"when it comes to angry killing machines, nothing beats the Lord Jesus!"

Submitted by Maitrek on Wed, 08/01/03 - 11:54 AM Permalink

I agree it's not serious subject matter, and I'll admit it raised a chuckle or two :)