Skip to main content

Environment plus character study

Submitted by weather on

Hi People,
More stuff i have been working on. All done in Photoshop 8 with a fair investment of time.
cheers
PS
I am unable to view the threads I start form my machine (a mac) I can only view them on my friends PC (any PC, in fact any computer but mine???!!!)
Any reason why?
(not that I will be able to read a response any time soon!!!)

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/weather/Of_Sun_And_Glass.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/weather/new_merc.jpg[/IMG]

[url]http://www.mozsi.com[/url]

Submitted by souri on Tue, 05/10/04 - 5:01 PM Permalink

You can't read any responses to your threads on Macs??! That definately is weird. No idea what's happening there, sorry [:(].

The buidings picture is absoltuely incredible, and the picture of the man below has so much character in his pose and proportion. I just noticed that you've posted in the looking-for-work section - I seriously think if you walked into any studio in Australia (and if they had an opening), you could get the job like-that. Your work is inspirational and to a standard of professionalism that I think not many of us will ever reach for a long time (or perhaps never reach). Heck, if the local game studios won't take you, I'm sure the film industry would grab you with open arms [:D]

Note to local industry Art Directors** grab this guy as fast as you can!!

Submitted by conundrum on Tue, 05/10/04 - 11:22 PM Permalink

that is some icredible work, i think your colour work is awesome and the sense of scale is great too. i would say that its probably the best painted reflection ive seen in a long time. keep up the good work, its really inspiring to see all the paintings you are creating.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Wed, 06/10/04 - 1:01 AM Permalink

The environment pick reminds me a lot of the great Fantasy artists like Vallejo and Bell, but with buildings instead of busty maidens on tigers. It's cool.

p.s. I didn't know Sony had built the PS2 towers ;)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 06/10/04 - 2:11 AM Permalink

amazingly well done, you should know that were all stoked by now :P

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 06/10/04 - 7:59 AM Permalink

PHWOAR!! I love the environment :D especially the sky. Though the ground area is a little bland.
The character design is good too, though the head is a bit small. Not sure if you were going for stylised propertion though.
Bah! who am I kidding, these are fantastic and you should have very little trouble seeking employment :)

Submitted by cwans art on Thu, 07/10/04 - 4:51 AM Permalink

Dam... I love that landscape/environment. How long did it take you btw for the buildings to materialise?

Submitted by Johnn on Thu, 07/10/04 - 11:49 PM Permalink

the building are great, very painterly- A look that I personally like a lot.

Submitted by weather on Fri, 08/10/04 - 7:08 PM Permalink

Thanks for the comments people.
Souri: Yeah, I only able to view my threads from a PC, this is a shame as I have to go to a friends house or Sydney Uni to respond to the thread. Its a bit of a hassle, but it seems I cannot view my threads from any mac (I have thried with a Imac, G4 and G5). I suppose its one of hose mac things
Cwans_art: the Enviroment took about 3 full days ( to me a full day is about 12 hours)and the character took about a day.
Cheers

Posted by weather on

Hi People,
More stuff i have been working on. All done in Photoshop 8 with a fair investment of time.
cheers
PS
I am unable to view the threads I start form my machine (a mac) I can only view them on my friends PC (any PC, in fact any computer but mine???!!!)
Any reason why?
(not that I will be able to read a response any time soon!!!)

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/weather/Of_Sun_And_Glass.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/weather/new_merc.jpg[/IMG]

[url]http://www.mozsi.com[/url]

Submitted by souri on Tue, 05/10/04 - 5:01 PM Permalink

You can't read any responses to your threads on Macs??! That definately is weird. No idea what's happening there, sorry [:(].

The buidings picture is absoltuely incredible, and the picture of the man below has so much character in his pose and proportion. I just noticed that you've posted in the looking-for-work section - I seriously think if you walked into any studio in Australia (and if they had an opening), you could get the job like-that. Your work is inspirational and to a standard of professionalism that I think not many of us will ever reach for a long time (or perhaps never reach). Heck, if the local game studios won't take you, I'm sure the film industry would grab you with open arms [:D]

Note to local industry Art Directors** grab this guy as fast as you can!!

Submitted by conundrum on Tue, 05/10/04 - 11:22 PM Permalink

that is some icredible work, i think your colour work is awesome and the sense of scale is great too. i would say that its probably the best painted reflection ive seen in a long time. keep up the good work, its really inspiring to see all the paintings you are creating.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Wed, 06/10/04 - 1:01 AM Permalink

The environment pick reminds me a lot of the great Fantasy artists like Vallejo and Bell, but with buildings instead of busty maidens on tigers. It's cool.

p.s. I didn't know Sony had built the PS2 towers ;)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 06/10/04 - 2:11 AM Permalink

amazingly well done, you should know that were all stoked by now :P

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 06/10/04 - 7:59 AM Permalink

PHWOAR!! I love the environment :D especially the sky. Though the ground area is a little bland.
The character design is good too, though the head is a bit small. Not sure if you were going for stylised propertion though.
Bah! who am I kidding, these are fantastic and you should have very little trouble seeking employment :)

Submitted by cwans art on Thu, 07/10/04 - 4:51 AM Permalink

Dam... I love that landscape/environment. How long did it take you btw for the buildings to materialise?

Submitted by Johnn on Thu, 07/10/04 - 11:49 PM Permalink

the building are great, very painterly- A look that I personally like a lot.

Submitted by weather on Fri, 08/10/04 - 7:08 PM Permalink

Thanks for the comments people.
Souri: Yeah, I only able to view my threads from a PC, this is a shame as I have to go to a friends house or Sydney Uni to respond to the thread. Its a bit of a hassle, but it seems I cannot view my threads from any mac (I have thried with a Imac, G4 and G5). I suppose its one of hose mac things
Cwans_art: the Enviroment took about 3 full days ( to me a full day is about 12 hours)and the character took about a day.
Cheers