Skip to main content

C++ Programming Tutor for AIE

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

C++ Programming Tutor

The Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE) is a leading training school for Game development, 3D graphics and CGI with campuses in Canberra and Melbourne.

We are looking for an independent, focused individual to be responsible for delivering the new Cert IV in Information Technology (Games Programming) at our Melbourne campus. The Cert IV is a strongly practical and intensive course that focuses on the core skills in programming using C++ that feeds into our second year Advanced Diploma of Professional Game Development. The successful applicant will develop, co-ordinate and deliver the course content, administer course requirements, and provide assessment and direction over the school year.

We have an exceptional success rate with our graduate programmers, due largely to our highly professional experienced teaching staff and our high quality course which is held in high esteem by industry. So you need to know your stuff!

Duties and Responsibilities

* Delivering the course content for the Cert IV in Information Technology using a combination of lecture style sessions and practical tutorial sessions

* Evaluating student course work in both practical and theory exercises

* Maintaining course content along with Senior Programming Tutor, including creation of lesson plans, tutorials and examinations

* Monitoring student progress including attendance roll, course competencies, informal and formal assessment

* Handling first year student issues

Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities

* Detailed, demonstrable, practical, up-to-date knowledge of C++

* Detailed, practical knowledge of software development and design techniques including procedural programming, object oriented design and programming, style & safety, algorithms & data structures, design patterns, large scale software development, design methodologies, and working with external API's

* Excellent verbal and written communication skills

* Development experience (especially in the games industry) an advantage

* Other language experience an advantage (C, C#, Java)

* Teaching experience a strong advantage

This is a part time position (24 hours per week) with flexibility for you to freelance, and a candidate with the right skills can make it full time with extra duties (IT and library).

Salary $45K (pro rata) neg. based on skills and experience.

Send CV & a covering letter to jobs@aie.vic.edu.auSouri2007-07-24 23:33:29

Posted by souri on
Forum

C++ Programming Tutor

The Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE) is a leading training school for Game development, 3D graphics and CGI with campuses in Canberra and Melbourne.

We are looking for an independent, focused individual to be responsible for delivering the new Cert IV in Information Technology (Games Programming) at our Melbourne campus. The Cert IV is a strongly practical and intensive course that focuses on the core skills in programming using C++ that feeds into our second year Advanced Diploma of Professional Game Development. The successful applicant will develop, co-ordinate and deliver the course content, administer course requirements, and provide assessment and direction over the school year.

We have an exceptional success rate with our graduate programmers, due largely to our highly professional experienced teaching staff and our high quality course which is held in high esteem by industry. So you need to know your stuff!

Duties and Responsibilities

* Delivering the course content for the Cert IV in Information Technology using a combination of lecture style sessions and practical tutorial sessions

* Evaluating student course work in both practical and theory exercises

* Maintaining course content along with Senior Programming Tutor, including creation of lesson plans, tutorials and examinations

* Monitoring student progress including attendance roll, course competencies, informal and formal assessment

* Handling first year student issues

Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities

* Detailed, demonstrable, practical, up-to-date knowledge of C++

* Detailed, practical knowledge of software development and design techniques including procedural programming, object oriented design and programming, style & safety, algorithms & data structures, design patterns, large scale software development, design methodologies, and working with external API's

* Excellent verbal and written communication skills

* Development experience (especially in the games industry) an advantage

* Other language experience an advantage (C, C#, Java)

* Teaching experience a strong advantage

This is a part time position (24 hours per week) with flexibility for you to freelance, and a candidate with the right skills can make it full time with extra duties (IT and library).

Salary $45K (pro rata) neg. based on skills and experience.

Send CV & a covering letter to jobs@aie.vic.edu.auSouri2007-07-24 23:33:29