Skip to main content

Jarru Tenk, check it out..

Submitted by beatsta on

This is a model i made and textured when i was trying to get a job at krome studios in 2001. The character is from their first game or one of.... i think its a pretty damn good copy if i can say so myself...have a look...

http://andrewbertram.freeservers.com/JTms.htm

What I would love to happen would be for sum1 working in a 3d related industry ( especially games ) to look at sum of my work and give me feedback as to whether or not i shld be sending what i have done to companies to get work,thus saying, yeah man u shld be employable, or no man u need to keep workin on your portfolio and skills ( i dont think skills personally, but creativativaty perhaps) ( spelling for sure ) and if i need to work on certain areas to be told.... i have sent portfolios to companies and then played phone tagg for weeks, months even, and then sum places i have rung up to talk to the creative director and havnt even gotten past the front desk after being asked if i had sent in a portfolio...........

Submitted by Malus on Mon, 17/02/03 - 5:42 AM Permalink

got a pic of the original concept that inspired you so we can compare? That Lit wireframe is real hard to see too.

Submitted by beatsta on Mon, 17/02/03 - 4:58 PM Permalink

unfortuantely not malus,
i might be able to painstakingly plug in an old hardrive that is screwed and the images might be on that, but it will take forever to retrieve them. Originaly i grabed a concept off the krome website, but that wasnt enuff for me, so i went and downloaded the demo from one of those shareware websites and then took screen grabs...the only modification i made was to make the torso and legs one object as the original has separate legs and arms, i kept the arms seperate tho...hes a cool little character... if i can get the pics off the hdd, i will post

Posted by beatsta on

This is a model i made and textured when i was trying to get a job at krome studios in 2001. The character is from their first game or one of.... i think its a pretty damn good copy if i can say so myself...have a look...

http://andrewbertram.freeservers.com/JTms.htm

What I would love to happen would be for sum1 working in a 3d related industry ( especially games ) to look at sum of my work and give me feedback as to whether or not i shld be sending what i have done to companies to get work,thus saying, yeah man u shld be employable, or no man u need to keep workin on your portfolio and skills ( i dont think skills personally, but creativativaty perhaps) ( spelling for sure ) and if i need to work on certain areas to be told.... i have sent portfolios to companies and then played phone tagg for weeks, months even, and then sum places i have rung up to talk to the creative director and havnt even gotten past the front desk after being asked if i had sent in a portfolio...........

Submitted by Malus on Mon, 17/02/03 - 5:42 AM Permalink

got a pic of the original concept that inspired you so we can compare? That Lit wireframe is real hard to see too.

Submitted by beatsta on Mon, 17/02/03 - 4:58 PM Permalink

unfortuantely not malus,
i might be able to painstakingly plug in an old hardrive that is screwed and the images might be on that, but it will take forever to retrieve them. Originaly i grabed a concept off the krome website, but that wasnt enuff for me, so i went and downloaded the demo from one of those shareware websites and then took screen grabs...the only modification i made was to make the torso and legs one object as the original has separate legs and arms, i kept the arms seperate tho...hes a cool little character... if i can get the pics off the hdd, i will post