Skip to main content

PC Games for 2006

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

I thought this [url="http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24145969"]post on Gamespot[/url] was mighty interesting.

A warning though, lots of images in there! Someone's made a list of all the PC games announced so far for 2006, and you get to see a screenshot of each and every one of them. There are games from all categories from adventure games, rpg's, to fps'ers and racing games. Anyway, I thought having all the pics viewable in this way is pretty interesting. It's interesting to compare games in the same genres, and you can get a quick overview of the bar set for visuals in games for this year. There's some really good looking stuff in there and plenty of games I've never even heard of yet.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 03/02/06 - 10:07 PM Permalink

wow a mighty interesting browse. Its got my wallet whimpering though...

Submitted by Yug on Sat, 04/02/06 - 1:08 AM Permalink

Great fine Souri,

It's a good way to see some games that look interesting but haven't been marketed or hyped much (yet).

Submitted by Crystalmesh on Sat, 04/02/06 - 6:22 AM Permalink

btw the first screenshot on that page is medieval II which is being developed at Creative Assembly Brisbane Studio :D

Submitted by LOOM on Sun, 05/02/06 - 11:29 AM Permalink

"Sam and Max2
Finally a sequel to one of best games ever made"

Nice! ill definately keep an eye on that -pure classic

It also looks like major studios are getting ready for DX10 [8D]

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Tue, 07/02/06 - 11:33 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Crystalmesh

btw the first screenshot on that page is medieval II which is being developed at Creative Assembly Brisbane Studio :D

For the love of god, please tell the dev's to slow the combat down and go back to the risk style map!

Otherwise I'm anticipating this game hugely.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 07/02/06 - 11:38 AM Permalink

That Crysis game looks amazing, but the game I'm looking most forward to there is Quake Wars. [8D]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 08/02/06 - 11:15 PM Permalink

Agreed!! I love huge open terrain online tactical shooters. Itll be amusing the see the strog bunny hopping along the terrain controlled by "coolguy101" though :P a tad less atmospheric

Posted by souri on
Forum

I thought this [url="http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24145969"]post on Gamespot[/url] was mighty interesting.

A warning though, lots of images in there! Someone's made a list of all the PC games announced so far for 2006, and you get to see a screenshot of each and every one of them. There are games from all categories from adventure games, rpg's, to fps'ers and racing games. Anyway, I thought having all the pics viewable in this way is pretty interesting. It's interesting to compare games in the same genres, and you can get a quick overview of the bar set for visuals in games for this year. There's some really good looking stuff in there and plenty of games I've never even heard of yet.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 03/02/06 - 10:07 PM Permalink

wow a mighty interesting browse. Its got my wallet whimpering though...

Submitted by Yug on Sat, 04/02/06 - 1:08 AM Permalink

Great fine Souri,

It's a good way to see some games that look interesting but haven't been marketed or hyped much (yet).

Submitted by Crystalmesh on Sat, 04/02/06 - 6:22 AM Permalink

Submitted by LOOM on Sun, 05/02/06 - 11:29 AM Permalink

"Sam and Max2
Finally a sequel to one of best games ever made"

Nice! ill definately keep an eye on that -pure classic

It also looks like major studios are getting ready for DX10 [8D]

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Tue, 07/02/06 - 11:33 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Crystalmesh

For the love of god, please tell the dev's to slow the combat down and go back to the risk style map!

Otherwise I'm anticipating this game hugely.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 07/02/06 - 11:38 AM Permalink

That Crysis game looks amazing, but the game I'm looking most forward to there is Quake Wars. [8D]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 08/02/06 - 11:15 PM Permalink

Agreed!! I love huge open terrain online tactical shooters. Itll be amusing the see the strog bunny hopping along the terrain controlled by "coolguy101" though :P a tad less atmospheric