Skip to main content

Mini Programmer Challenge #1 - Soul

Submitted by Soul on

Here's my entry:

[url]http://users.on.net/~kachizmu/Sudoku.zip[/url]

Syntax is Sudoku.exe

Hope this is enough to get everyone inspired to have a go. This is a simple a brute force method, unoptimized (as there's little point, seeing as a better algorithm would be so much faster). Only works for order 3 puzzles though.

I haven't seen it crash yet, but it might - no guarantees!

Written in C - I've included the source and some example puzzles to play with.

Good luck everyone!

Submitted by Soul on Wed, 16/08/06 - 3:45 AM Permalink

Well that kinda fizzled....

Cheers redwyre for the idea - I thought it seemed like a pretty decent challenge. Bit of a shame not to see more entries, but I'm guessing everybody must be too busy doing "real" code.

Submitted by J I Styles on Wed, 16/08/06 - 5:26 AM Permalink

worked for me, and was pretty cool - good job :)

pity about the lack of entries, I'm not a coder but I do enjoy seeing the fruits of challenges like these

Submitted by Priddo on Thu, 17/08/06 - 7:57 PM Permalink

I had worked on one, I just didn't end up finsihing off the main part of the challenge... solving the puzzle!

It saved/loaded and let you make your own puzzles etc, but I didn't get around to making it solve them.

Posted by Soul on

Here's my entry:

[url]http://users.on.net/~kachizmu/Sudoku.zip[/url]

Syntax is Sudoku.exe

Hope this is enough to get everyone inspired to have a go. This is a simple a brute force method, unoptimized (as there's little point, seeing as a better algorithm would be so much faster). Only works for order 3 puzzles though.

I haven't seen it crash yet, but it might - no guarantees!

Written in C - I've included the source and some example puzzles to play with.

Good luck everyone!

Submitted by Soul on Wed, 16/08/06 - 3:45 AM Permalink

Well that kinda fizzled....

Cheers redwyre for the idea - I thought it seemed like a pretty decent challenge. Bit of a shame not to see more entries, but I'm guessing everybody must be too busy doing "real" code.

Submitted by J I Styles on Wed, 16/08/06 - 5:26 AM Permalink

worked for me, and was pretty cool - good job :)

pity about the lack of entries, I'm not a coder but I do enjoy seeing the fruits of challenges like these

Submitted by Priddo on Thu, 17/08/06 - 7:57 PM Permalink

I had worked on one, I just didn't end up finsihing off the main part of the challenge... solving the puzzle!

It saved/loaded and let you make your own puzzles etc, but I didn't get around to making it solve them.