Skip to main content

Mage

Submitted by Leviron on

Well I'm new here and if I have valided a rule please inform me.

This a sketch I did in the morning.
I'm not sure how I should go about making it better.

Any advice?

[url]http://inspiron.bio-hazardous.com/mage.jpg[/url]

Submitted by redwyre on Thu, 01/05/03 - 11:25 AM Permalink

Wow, that's awesome :)

*Cuts arm open*

I need healing! Is there a mage in the house? ;)

Edit: Make sure you join in on the speed paint on Sunday night!

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Thu, 01/05/03 - 12:31 PM Permalink

uuhhh Leviron, according to your profile, you're a 13 year old girl..

If thats true. Wow!

If not..

Wow!

Great drawing either way haha.

Submitted by Dan Ward on Thu, 01/05/03 - 7:13 PM Permalink

That looks great good stuff

Its pretty hard to give you any suggestions cause it looks damn sweet but if i had to pick something id say that the left arm position looks a little unnatural but thats really being picky.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Thu, 01/05/03 - 7:40 PM Permalink

V-nice. Good work on the folds in the material and the hood over the head looks great. Pretty good hand there also, just a little to much twist on the fingers. Only real nit pick I have is that the sholder over the extended arm is too far out from the body unbalancing her a bit.

But still great stuff

Pantmonger

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 01/05/03 - 8:58 PM Permalink

Nice stuff, I like the subtle lighting and the face and hands are very nicely done, the folds in the cloth are well thought out too, alot of people (myself included) end up putting folds where they think they should be not were they actually occur, you got it pretty spot on I think.

As for crits, well if this was a lesser piece you might not pick them up but given the brilliance of the rest of this piece they stand out, the left arm is to thin, unless its dissapearing behind her back and Pantmonger is right about the shoulder and fingers.

Excellent work!!

Submitted by Leviron on Thu, 01/05/03 - 9:52 PM Permalink

redwyre, I'd like to do speed painting but my mouse is kind broken and well I don't have a tablet as an input device.

Sorceror Bob, I'm not 13 instead I'm really 18, I must did the birthday thing wrong when I signed up, sorry for the misleading information.

StrkEagle, I stood in front of a mirror.

I think the folds are a bit off personally because if you look closer they don't show the shape of a foreshortened arm. The other arm well, proves I slacked off.

Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated.

Submitted by souri on Thu, 01/05/03 - 11:02 PM Permalink

Very cool picture!!.. Hands are very hard to draw, and it's one of the places where a lot of people screw up, but you've done a good job there. Face is very anime like, but that's probably the style you were going for..
We should definately have a speed paint where someone (well, ME!!) posts a picture of, say, a model posing, and we get 2 hours to sketch, scan, and post them in the forum!...

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 02/05/03 - 4:39 AM Permalink

yeah thats speed painting, give it another 1hr and 50 mins and you've got your time limit for the comps.[:P]

Submitted by redwyre on Sat, 03/05/03 - 12:08 PM Permalink

Leviron: the speed paint is mostly for fun, so don't let a faulty mouse stop you ;)

*passes out from loss of blood*

Submitted by lava monkey on Sat, 03/05/03 - 2:41 PM Permalink

wow, thats fucken fantabulous, if thats even a word...
stood in front of a mirror hey, well i probably shouldn't say anything about that in the state im in, but still thats a great sketch, if u can paint that then... even more wow...

Submitted by davidcoen on Tue, 06/05/03 - 11:49 AM Permalink

for some strange reason when i stand infront of a mirror and draw, i get a very different picture [:p]

good drawing- the stong horizontal of the thin staps of the gown~ do they need some more grounding in the buttons (the buttons building into a diagonal pattern in the gown or ornate buttons---) or if the request for crit was for technical stuff The eyes might be a bit too white (or at least needs a hit at shadow and reflection from the eyelids- the string/ cloth casting some shadows at various depths as they lift away

DSC

Posted by Leviron on

Well I'm new here and if I have valided a rule please inform me.

This a sketch I did in the morning.
I'm not sure how I should go about making it better.

Any advice?

[url]http://inspiron.bio-hazardous.com/mage.jpg[/url]

Submitted by redwyre on Thu, 01/05/03 - 11:25 AM Permalink

Wow, that's awesome :)

*Cuts arm open*

I need healing! Is there a mage in the house? ;)

Edit: Make sure you join in on the speed paint on Sunday night!

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Thu, 01/05/03 - 12:31 PM Permalink

uuhhh Leviron, according to your profile, you're a 13 year old girl..

If thats true. Wow!

If not..

Wow!

Great drawing either way haha.

Submitted by Dan Ward on Thu, 01/05/03 - 7:13 PM Permalink

That looks great good stuff

Its pretty hard to give you any suggestions cause it looks damn sweet but if i had to pick something id say that the left arm position looks a little unnatural but thats really being picky.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Thu, 01/05/03 - 7:40 PM Permalink

V-nice. Good work on the folds in the material and the hood over the head looks great. Pretty good hand there also, just a little to much twist on the fingers. Only real nit pick I have is that the sholder over the extended arm is too far out from the body unbalancing her a bit.

But still great stuff

Pantmonger

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 01/05/03 - 8:58 PM Permalink

Nice stuff, I like the subtle lighting and the face and hands are very nicely done, the folds in the cloth are well thought out too, alot of people (myself included) end up putting folds where they think they should be not were they actually occur, you got it pretty spot on I think.

As for crits, well if this was a lesser piece you might not pick them up but given the brilliance of the rest of this piece they stand out, the left arm is to thin, unless its dissapearing behind her back and Pantmonger is right about the shoulder and fingers.

Excellent work!!

Submitted by Leviron on Thu, 01/05/03 - 9:52 PM Permalink

redwyre, I'd like to do speed painting but my mouse is kind broken and well I don't have a tablet as an input device.

Sorceror Bob, I'm not 13 instead I'm really 18, I must did the birthday thing wrong when I signed up, sorry for the misleading information.

StrkEagle, I stood in front of a mirror.

I think the folds are a bit off personally because if you look closer they don't show the shape of a foreshortened arm. The other arm well, proves I slacked off.

Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated.

Submitted by souri on Thu, 01/05/03 - 11:02 PM Permalink

Very cool picture!!.. Hands are very hard to draw, and it's one of the places where a lot of people screw up, but you've done a good job there. Face is very anime like, but that's probably the style you were going for..
We should definately have a speed paint where someone (well, ME!!) posts a picture of, say, a model posing, and we get 2 hours to sketch, scan, and post them in the forum!...

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 02/05/03 - 4:39 AM Permalink

yeah thats speed painting, give it another 1hr and 50 mins and you've got your time limit for the comps.[:P]

Submitted by redwyre on Sat, 03/05/03 - 12:08 PM Permalink

Leviron: the speed paint is mostly for fun, so don't let a faulty mouse stop you ;)

*passes out from loss of blood*

Submitted by lava monkey on Sat, 03/05/03 - 2:41 PM Permalink

wow, thats fucken fantabulous, if thats even a word...
stood in front of a mirror hey, well i probably shouldn't say anything about that in the state im in, but still thats a great sketch, if u can paint that then... even more wow...

Submitted by davidcoen on Tue, 06/05/03 - 11:49 AM Permalink

for some strange reason when i stand infront of a mirror and draw, i get a very different picture [:p]

good drawing- the stong horizontal of the thin staps of the gown~ do they need some more grounding in the buttons (the buttons building into a diagonal pattern in the gown or ornate buttons---) or if the request for crit was for technical stuff The eyes might be a bit too white (or at least needs a hit at shadow and reflection from the eyelids- the string/ cloth casting some shadows at various depths as they lift away

DSC