3D Environment/Modeling Artist (Senior)
Plastic Wax is an award winning animation and production studio specialising in the creation of premium digital content for the global video games and film industry.
We seek a Senior Environment/Set Modeling Artist to join us in our waterfront studio in Rhodes for contract work. Although onsite is preferred, we will consider seasoned artists only for remote work.
- Use artistic and technical skills to create and modify digital sets and props to meet each project’s needs
- Create photo-real, high quality work using a variety of software programs
- Show initiative, push ideas and innovate within your duties
- Ability to work unassisted and relied upon to finish tasks
- Be aware of project/task schedules and be capable of delivering work to deadlines
- Engage with our Asset Lead, Creative Director and Producers
- Highly experienced working on feature films, tv series and/or AAA+ game cinematics
- Expert using Z-Brush, Photoshop, Mari, 3DSMax or Maya
- Proven 3D modeling expertise in hi-res organic matter and also hard surface
- Ability to take direction and work well within a team focused environment
- Very strong artistic skills and also a strong understanding of real world materials is essential and must be demonstrated in your portfolio/reel
- Willing to help guide junior artists if required
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to evaluate time requirements
- Positive, pro-active and excellent communication skills
- Open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or holders of permanent resident status in Australia for onsite work.
- Experience with Marvelous Designer
- Experience using Substance
- Experience with Unreal Engine and creating models for In-engine use, etc
- Experience leading and/or mentoring
- Ability to light and render 3D objects
- A traditional arts background with emphasis on sculpting and/or photo-realistic work
- TD skills
If you meet the above job requirements and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, submit your application with link/s to your portfolio/reel (please include a shot breakdown) in an email:
Subject: [EnvironArtist] YOUR NAME
Email to: email@example.com
Please include where you saw this job post in your emailed application.
If your application makes the shortlist, you will be contacted shortly. No phone calls or agencies please.