Sydney-based game developer Not Doppler is seeking an experienced Game Designer to join our team. The role will initially be focused on an ambitious new free-to-play mobile title.
Originally founded as a web games portal; in recent years we have shifted our focus to become mobile-first, working on titles such as the Earn to Die series and Crash of Cars.
Our games have generated over 150 million downloads, and we’re actively focused on building innovative new IP with the goal of creating the next big hit!
For more information about Not Doppler, please visit our studio website:
Key duties will include:
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team to design, iterate and execute ideas from concept to delivery, across gameplay and metagame systems
- Articulate concepts in a clear and unambiguous way through verbal and written communication
- Work creatively to prototype important mechanics and be receptive to feedback from user testing, team members and stakeholders
- Create clear design documentation for multiple disciplines with the ability to iterate on material.
- Dive into core systems and balance with an understanding and respect for the player's experience while keeping the project goals and shared creative vision in mind
- Assist in the mentoring and upskilling of Junior Game Designers
We are seeking candidates with:
- 3+ Years of professional game development experience
- A strong understanding of the mobile market, and in particular, free-to-play games
- Experience in designing systems that are part of the core loop, and understand how these systems would interact with the metagame
- Expertise with Unity or other game engines
- Critical thinking skills and a strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with a multi-disciplinary team
- Competency with Word and Excel
- A passion for games and in particular the mobile gaming space
- A high level of motivation to develop fun, high-quality mobile games
Bonus skills, but not required:
- Experience with GitHub or similar version control software
- Experience with Photoshop or similar 2D editing software
If you would like to apply for this full-time role at our Sydney office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your resume
- A link to your portfolio or games that you have worked on
- We’d also love to hear an answer to the following question: “Which mobile game(s) are you currently playing?”
Competitive remuneration based off experience. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
At Not Doppler we are striving to create an open and inclusive workplace environment for our growing team, and encourage all eligible candidates to apply.
Applications close October 20, 2019