• Exciting cutting edge project in the growing education gamification sector.
• Fantastic opportunity to be a key expert in the project.
• Chance to make a difference and be part of the educational revolution.
• Convenient location close to the Sydney CBD area
At LionsHeart Studios we are gamifying higher education. We develop university-level educational content that plays like a videogame and teaches like a standard textbook. Our multi award-winning flagship product "Playconomics" puts the player in control of a small economy and challenges him/her to develop it into a modern society. Data from our prototype used at the University of New South Wales on 2,000+ students shows that Playconomics greatly improves academic performance. A closed-beta version of Playconomics was already deployed in several top universities in Australia and we are currently working on games ranging from economics to medicine and law.
Gamified experiential learning is the future of higher education. We are building it now and require a Mid/Senior Back-end and Web developer with expertise in server management, storage and networking and the drive and determination required to work as a key part of a small team bringing world leading education games to the marketplace.
• Building NoSQL and SQL databases
• Writing cross-browser compatible CSS
• Work as part of a team and participate in team meetings and planning
• Expert knowledge of SQL and NoSQL syntax and functions
• Complete understanding of complex database concepts and implications of different database designs
• Effectively employ multiple database design techniques.
• Proficiency with Client/Server and Internet systems architectures.
• Ability to work with both linux and windows based servers.
• Experience with version control systems such as Git.
• Proficiency in C# and Unity programming language
• Designed and implemented at least 3 web platforms
• Gaming experience and able to work with game designers / programmers
• Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of economic modelling
If you have the skills and experience, please send your cover letter and CV (including links the previous projects you have worked on) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be contacted directly. Industry references are essential and a 3 months probationary period will apply. Please apply for this role only if you have the right to work in Australia.