Based in the heart of Australia’s capital, Canberra, 2K Australia is part of the global 2K Games studio network. Founded in 2000 as Irrational Games Australia, we’ve worked on several beloved franchises such as Freedom Force, Tribes, SWAT, XCOM and of course, BioShock, BioShock 2, and BioShock Infinite. Our games reflect our passion: immersive experiences, rich worlds, great stories, and game mechanics that prioritize experimentation and expression.
Right now, we’re hard at work on something new, and we need your help! If you’d like to work with us, and with one of the best publishers in the world, we may have just the role for you. We have high standards, a commitment to creativity, an experienced team who loves games, and a great culture to work in. Drop me a line if you’d like to know more.
As a junior programmer in the 2K Australia programming team you will be expected to:
- Work with game designers to create solid single player and multiplayer gameplay features and systems in an iterative process.
- Complete tasks assigned to you independently and incorporate feedback to produce the best outcome.
- Write, document and test code to implement technical designs across gameplay systems, engine code and tools for consoles and PC.
- Automated build system implementation and support.
- A positive energy inspired by on passion for games and technology.
- Good communicator with a proven ability to work well in a team.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems independently as well as take direction.
- High level of competence with C++, standard algorithms, OO principles and a commitment to producing quality code.
- Good mathematical ability, in particular linear algebra.
- Australian resident.
- Lives in Canberra or be willing to relocate.
- A bachelor degree in computer science or mathematics.
- Experience with console or mobile development.
- A completed project or commercial product.
- Experience with build systems such as Cruise Control and Team Foundation Server.
- Working knowledge of other languages such as NAnt or C#.
- Experience or a research interest in a particular area such as gameplay systems, graphics, AI, audio, physics, memory/performance optimisation, networking or tools.
If you think you have what it takes, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter telling us why you want to join our team.
- Response to selection criteria.
- A small sample showing us your best code.
- Curriculum Vitae.