Big Ant is currently seeking a full-time Engine Programmer. We are looking for a highly talented
and motivated person to work on our Sports titles at our Melbourne studio.
You will be working on cutting-edge engine technology that complement the game visuals and experience. You will work within a small collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to help shape our future titles.
About the role
• Design and implement new systems, while improving existing systems in C++ and Lua
• Self-manage programming task schedule updates and coordination with production teams
• Bug fixing and maintenance of the existing Big Ant Engine
• Identifying, analyzing and correcting issues in a multi-threaded game engine, such as load times, memory usage and CPU/GPU performance
• Delivering robust, performant and maintainable program code
• Working in multi-disciplinary teams and providing artists with the art team tools to improve the visual experience
• You’ve been programming software and relying on C++ for at least five years
• You’ve got great debugging techniques and work well with source control systems as well as other people.
• You have a degree or above in Computer Science
• You’ve knowledge of PBR, HDR, sRGB, Tone mapping, Colour grading, Image processing
• Working knowledge of DirectX 11/12 graphics API
• Experience on the current generation of game consoles (PS4, Xbox One)
• You can write and debug efficient vertex, pixel and compute shaders in HLSL, GLSL or equivalent
• Experience with scripting languages (Lua, Python)
• Big Ant Studios is one of the oldest and largest game developers in Australia. Based in City Road, Southbank, we develop premium character action, racing, and sports content for multiple platforms.
• Big Ant offers a central location, an experienced team and perks include daily lunches, voluntary social events, and professional development support.
Big Ant encourages applications and enquiries from women and other underrepresented developers.