Join Big Ant Studios as a Junior Technical Artist and be part of making some of console and mobiles’ biggest sports titles from our centrally located Melbourne studio. You will be working on cutting-edge engine technology, providing tech support to artists and engineers. You will work within a small, collaborative team where you will have the opportunity to help shape our future titles.
Our ideal candidate would have a couple of years of studio experience as an artist, along with an interest in and basic understanding of coding.
Please note you will need to have working rights in Australia. At this stage we cannot sponsor a working visa.
• Tool development to support the art pipeline, feature or improve workflow
• Working with Senior Artists to ensure highest quality output.
• Working with in house engine to achieve best possible results
• Shader Creation
• Optimize content for memory and performance games
• Negotiate with all relevent parties to resolve technical issues with the buy-in of all parties
• A minimum of 1 years’ experience as a digital artist, ideally in the video game industry
• Understanding of game art pipelines and optimization
• Familiar with optimisation principles
• Experience with scripting languages (MEL scripting, Lua, Python)
• Ability to anticipate and resolve problems
• Attention to detail
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to adapt to change
• Ability to quickly learn to use new tools
• Work well with designers, artists and programmers to implement the vision of the game
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience on the current generation of consoles (PS4, Xbox One)
• An interest in sport and sports games
Big Ant Studios is one of the oldest and largest game developers in Australia. Based in City Road, Southbank, we develop premium character action, racing, and sports content for multiple platforms.
Big Ant offers a central location, an experienced team and perks include daily lunches, beer and pizza Fridays and professional development support.
Big Ant encourages applications and enquiries from women and other underrepresented developers.