Are you a world-class programmer? Join our amazing, fun team and blaze the trail in free-roam multiplayer VR!
About Zero Latency
Zero Latency is the global pioneer and leader in free-roam, multiplayer, virtual reality entertainment and training. Our technology allows your body to become the controller and explore any digital world like you do real life. Our passionate team is based at our company headquarters in Melbourne, Australia, and is dedicated to creating the most immersive and engaging free-roam virtual reality experiences in the world.
Started in 2013, Zero Latency has grown rapidly after securing multiple rounds of funding and is taking the world by storm with rave reviews. In November 2017 Zero Latency took out 3rd place in the Deloitte Tech Fast 50 2017 awards for Australia, and 8th place in the APAC Tech Fast 500 awards, and our games won both first and second prize for best new product at the renowned entertainment expo IAAPA 2017.
Zero Latency created the genre of Free Roam VR with our award winning FRVR system. We opened our first public facility in October 2014. Now with more than 24 existing Zero Latency locations worldwide, we have already established a presence in North America, Asia, and Europe, in addition to our Australian sites.
Over the next 5 years we will grow to a global network of over 100 interconnected entertainment centres, expanding our platform to publish premium content that will include the world’s largest FRVR esports network.
As part of the Content Development Team, you strive to architect and code compelling game systems, in-game features and prototypes within the Zero Latency free roam virtual reality system. You’ll be responsible for developing and refining our game system structures, processes, and programming standards. You will be working closely with other teams, such as Core, Support, IT Dev and Web to help integrate our content within the Zero Latency ecosystem. In collaboration with the Content Team you will take part in the overall game design to enable the creation of world class free roam VR experiences.
• Architect and write performant well-structured code and Unreal Blueprints
• Peer review code for coding standards and quality
• Document code consistently throughout the development process
• Set and improve code standards and processes
• Create reusable Plugins, Modules, Components, Templates and Libraries in Unreal
• Provide time estimates for scheduled work
• Improve workflow and efficiency for designing and writing performant well-structured code
• Develop and automate more reliable ways of building, deploying and debugging
• Provide technical support of our game library to Core, IT Dev, Support and Web Teams
• Work closely with other teams to help integrate games with systems such as Core and Web API.
• Assist with maintenance, customisation and deployment of game systems for new and existing customer sites
• Assist designers with implementing new features and prototyping capabilities
• Assist artists with implementing their art and tools to make them more self-sufficient
• Assist with the QA of new and existing games
• Log work in Jira to ensure transparency and accuracy regarding task estimations
• Document stages of development in Confluence
• Assist junior, mid and peer programmers with the planning and execution of their work
• Work with the Development Director and attend project showcase, retrospectives and sprint planning
• Assist the Development Director with planning and scoping of projects
Who you are
You have a diverse and successful history in games programming, with a proven track record of writing well-structured and reliable code.
Ideally, you will have/be:
• Expert knowledge of C++/C#
• Mastery in Unreal aspects such as architecture, profiling and reusability
• Competence in creative problem solving
• Highly self-motivated and eager to improve
• Keenly keeping up to date with the new technology to keep ZL at the forefront
• Strong communication skills
• Confidently work independently when necessary
• Ability to mentor junior and mid-level programmer where applicable
You are intrinsically motivated by the future of VR and can see the true value in our product. Ideally, you are already a massive fan of cutting-edge technology.
Your ability to think outside the box, develop new ideas, but also move fast when the pressure is on is a huge plus.
Bring your energy, flair and ideas to our fun-loving visionary company who will support you on your mission to help us win.
Why work for Zero Latency?
The best thing about us is the people; you'll never find a friendlier, more hardworking bunch! In addition to that, we offer a professional development budget, team lunches, a cool office, social events, and free ZL tickets. Not to mention that you'll be working on cutting edge technology, of course!
If you’re ready to join us on our journey, send your resume and a brief cover letter demonstrating your passion and potential via SEEK. Make sure you include an answer to the following question in your cover letter: What is your favourite programming language and why is it your favourite?