PikPok is looking for a passionate Online Services Development Manager to head up ongoing development of our service backend - PikPokPlus!
PikPok is a globally focussed, leading digital publisher of fun and addictive games across smart phone, tablet, and desktop. With a portfolio of original, licensed, and third party developed properties, PikPok delivers games that appeal to a broad range of consumers with addictive game play, high-quality art, and immersive audio design.
We are looking for a skilled, experienced and proactive developer to lead ongoing development on PikPokPlus, our online game services platform. PikPokPlus drives all core online functionality across our portfolio of current and future titles, with features including leaderboards, cross platform profile synchronisation, and user to user challenge mode game play. The backend serves hundreds of thousands of users daily, has over 100 million user accounts, and runs on multiple servers inside AWS.
You should have a good mix of technical and soft skills, with experience leading small teams and developing web applications with REST like APIs. You should enjoy the challenges of balancing new feature work with tasks designed to improve service reliability and development process. Strong applicants will understand the importance of communication, service scalability and the realities of developing in a fast paced environment where platform stability and timeliness of feature development are critical to the ongoing success of the business.
- Design and develop online services to meet the needs of new and existing game titles.
- Act as an advocate for good development practice within the PikPokPlus group.
- Prioritise and estimate tasks in discussion with management stakeholders in order to deliver service stability and new features over time.
- Lead development of the PikPokPlus team, providing consistent technical guidance and a high level of skill.
- Work with game teams to identify potential problems in online interactions, and assist in designing around these.
- 5 Years professional experience developing online services.
- Fluent in Python and web application frameworks (such as Flask or Pyramid).
- Experience with SQL based databases essential.
- Intuitive understanding of good software design and architecture.
- Experience designing databases for scalability, reliability and long term ease of use.
- Up to date knowledge of current web technologies for website development, with a focus on developing web based tools for use by internal teams.
- Experience planning feature development.
- Experience of team leadership highly desirable.
- High aptitude for learning new skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working with version control systems (SVN and GIT).
- Familiar with scrum/agile development practices.
- Experience working on game client code is desirable.
- Must be eligible for NZ Visa.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with Redis, Pylons, Celery and Memcached.
- NoSQL databases.
- Web app frontend frameworks (such as AngularJS)
- C++, C#, and Unity3D experience all desirable.
- Likes Coffee (Wellington has the best coffee in the World!)