At League of Geeks, we dedicate ourselves to crafting engaging game experiences with a unique charm and innovative gameplay. We're looking for a Technical Designer with strong scripting and implementation skills and an eye for design tools to help develop and fine-tune our gameplay so our ambitious new project becomes as good as it can be.
As a collaborative, agile team, we love generalists possessing deep specialisations, so while design implementation, tweaks and tools will be your focus, you'll have opportunities to expand into AI, economy and systems design, along with prototyping features to troubleshoot complex concepts before they go into full production.
We are committed to building one of the best working environments in the world and you will become a core member of the LoG family making that a reality. Not to mention you’ll be part of our planning meetings, greater design discussions, and of course Friday afternoon events, weekly Dog Day, and more.
If you’re keen to work with one of the world’s leading independent studios and get in on the ground floor for our new, original IP, we want to hear from you.
Women and other underrepresented developers, please apply! We pride ourselves on our inclusive work environment and output, so we’d love to work with you.
- Significant experience in designing, implementing and tuning features and content as part of a professional game design team.
- Good understanding of player motivation, systems design and the careful balance that makes or breaks player engagement.
- Autonomy and resourcefulness in performing prototyping and polish tasks.
- Ability to spot opportunities for design tools and create appropriate solutions.
- Critical thinking and the ability to give and receive feedback.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, creative collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Thoroughness and high attention to detail.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment.
- 3+ years of commercial development experience, with ideally one published PC or console title.
- Experience with AI and/or game economies
- Experience with Visual Scripting tools, extra bonus points for Bolt and NodeCanvas
- Experience with creating or improving custom Unity Editor tools
- Programming skills (C# and/or C++)
- Understanding of games-as-a-service development.
- Familiar with Confluence and Jira.
- Work as part of the design team to take systems and content from concept to polished implementation.
- Be hands-on with tools and in-game editor to implement systems and content, develop design tools, and tweak the player experience.
- Facilitate design-driven iteration on existing features and prototyping of upcoming features.
- Develop and maintain design documents that clearly communicate concepts to our multidisciplinary team.
- Participate in design and implementation discussions and reviews to reach objective rather than subjective outcomes.
- Collaborate with other departments, ensuring positive communication and creative problem-solving between disciplines.
- Participate in scoping and iterating on high level plans, budgets and schedules.
- Analyse game data and user feedback to extract insights and improvements for our game.
- Conduct design research into industry best practices and design solutions.
- Weekly bring-your-dog-to-work day. Yeah, dogs!
- Flexible work arrangement opportunities and family-friendly considerations.
- Professional development track, mentorship and support.
- Monthly self-directed professional development and game jam days.
- Friday afternoon team social events.
- Annual Summer family picnic, Winter Feast and MIGW party.
- Located in Melbourne, Australia. World’s most liveable city seven years in a row.