THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Torus Games is looking for a part-time, fixed-term sound designer at our Bayswater studio.
The successful applicant will be responsible for all audio-related issues in current and ongoing projects. We are looking for a talented and passionate sound designer with a track record of games development. The role will include significant creative freedom to help shape the overall feel of future Torus Games titles.
All necessary equipment and tools are provided by Torus Games. This is a part-time position for two or three days per week (negotiable) for a period of 10 months, with the possibility of extension depending on project requirements.
Key Responsibilities & duties
* Communication and close involvement with the rest of the team
* Precise assessment and on-schedule delivery of audio-related tasks
* Creation, implement and documentation of all audio-related designs and assets
* Mixing using a combination of commercial and in-house tools
* Co-development and maintenance of existing and new audio-related tools and procedures
* Upholding the high-quality audio and studio work standard: innovative and engaging audio, outstanding and professional work ethics
* Creation and tuning of in-game sound effects
* Working closely with programmers, QA and level designers
* Managing recording sessions, e.g. vehicle engines, foley, ambience, VO
* Scheduling and tracking of tasks, and coordinating work with other members of the team
* Experience in game audio development
* Experience in cross-platform audio production; PC, Mac, mobile and current-gen consoles
* Previous experience as a sound designer
* Knowledge of popular DAW packages such as Cubase
* Understanding of technical limitations and trade-offs in game audio technology
* Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Applicants should have at least one published game. Applicants lacking in games industry experience will also be considered where they have exceptional sound design experience in another industry, and can demonstrate an understanding of, and an interest in, interactive sound design
* Previous sound directing experience
* Previous experience as a composer and audio director
* Expertise with Unity and Unreal audio
* Understanding of environmental acoustics
* Knowledge of recording techniques and technologies - microphones, audio recording equipment, etc
Only applicants with Australian citizenship or relevant visas will be considered. Please note we do not relocate international or interstate applicants, and we are not considering offsite employment.
All applications must include a folio with examples of your work, as either a CD/DVD or a link to an online portfolio, and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. We are unable to process applications which do not include this information.
Torus Games does not accept solicitations from recruitment agencies.