Playcorp is looking for a talented part-time VFX artist to create 2D and 3D in-game effects in Unity using textures, particles, meshes, shaders and animations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Working closely with designers, artists, programmers and audio creators to perfect effects shown in the game.
* Create 2D/3D effects and particle effects matching the style and theme of the game.
* Tweaking, improving and updating old effects when necessary.
* Creatively and technically solve problems given by art direction for ingame effects.
* Document and improve any current or new pipelines / workflows when required.
* 2 years of VFX work in games.
* Superior eye for lighting, value, color, details, and the ability to use them in creating efficient and impactful visual effects.
* Self-motivation and self-reliance. Ability to research and learn new tools quickly.
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
* Experience using Unity.
* High attention to detail.
* Proficiency in Photoshop and your prefered VFX creation software (After Effects, Houdini, Maya etc).
* Portfolio and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
* Modeling skills to create models when needed for the VFX.
* Knowledge of Shaders and comfortable creating them.
If you are interested or have further inquiries, please send your resume to email@example.com and quote "VFX Artist" in the subject line and provide the following:
- CV / Resume.
- Previous work examples