HEAD OF DEPARTMENT 3D ANIMATION AND GAME DESIGN
• On-going fulltime position
• Leadership role
• CBD location
Established in 1982, the JMC Academy is one of Australia's leading Creative Industry providers,
We are currently undergoing an exciting period of development at JMC, and are looking to fill the role of Head of Department for Animation & Game Design at our Brisbane campus to assist in this process.
As Head of Department you are responsible for academic leadership and quality delivery of the Bachelor of Creative Arts (3D Animation) & Bachelor of Creative Arts (Game Design). Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to interact with an interdisciplinary team of creative professionals and mentor the next generation.
• Seeking and obtaining opportunities for students to develop their industry networks, including internships and/or volunteering
• Providing academic leadership to academic staff in the 3D Animation & Game Department
• Collaborating with your Head of Department peers on the Melbourne and Sydney campuses to review curriculum, moderate assessments, and introduce teaching and learning and/or technological innovations into the programs
• Maintaining a high level of academic integrity amongst your staff and students
• Effectively and efficiently managing the delivery of the 3D Animation and Game Design course
• Representing JMC Academy positively in all your dealings
You report to your Campus Manager on day-to-day operational matters, and to the Director of Education (based in Sydney) on academic matters.
Key selection criteria
• Master’s Degree or higher in the same or closely related field of study.
Skills and experience:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in animation and/or game design and development
• High level knowledge of and experience in a specific field (for example: 3D content creation, character animation, technical art, production art, game design and development)
• High level of proficiency and experience in Autodesk Maya, Unity and Adobe suite strongly favoured
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Working as an academic in a tertiary environment (lecturer, curriculum development)
• Ability to work in a close knit team environment
• Well organised with excellent time management skills, and able to work with minimal supervision
• You will be productive, constructive, creative and a critical thinker, embracing of ambiguity and change, always seeking the best experiences for your students and your staff.
Applications addressing the selection criteria are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a brief cover letter, your CV and a two page (maximum) response addressing the key selection criteria by COB Monday, 8TH April 2019
You will be required to undergo a working with children check should your application proceed.
JMC Academy is an equal opportunity employer.