After 7 years of being awesome our lead artist in Sydney has hung up his paintbrush and gone solo. So we need someone to fill their very hard to fill boots.
Our diverse team of 18 is ready for fresh visual leadership.
You will have the opportunity to work on high-profile entertainment IP as well as our original IP, while helping shaping the future of the studio.
We're looking for someone with right skills and a good attitude to come in and make kick ass games with us.
What you will do:
- • Lead the concepting and production of art for a range of mobile and console titles.
- • Produce high quality 2D, 3D and VFX assets in a variety of styles.
- • Produce good quality sketches to explain and sell game concepts.
- • Drive the creation of art and ensure that a unified vision is maintained.
- • Find artistic solutions which balance creative vision with production realities.
- • Review other artists’ work and give feedback to ensure highest quality output is met.
- • Collaborate with programmers to develop efficient and productive art pipelines.
- • Work with producers to ensure that realistic schedules are created and adhered to.
- • Be an active mentor and role model for the team.
- • Work to maintain morale and create an atmosphere of creativity and enthusiasm.
- • Keep informed about latest advances in game art techniques and technology.
- • Drive creation of presentation and marketing materials to communicate the artistic vision of our games.
- • Maintain contact with the Sydney Studio to offer expertise and advice where needed.
- • Be actively involved with recruitment, vetting candidates, performing interviews & recommending hires.
- • Develop the skills of other team members and raise the quality bar within the studio.
- • Diploma/Degree in 2D/3D video game development or equivalent training/experience.
- • 5 years’ experience with minimum of 2 years at senior level or above.
- • Experience of working on a published game from conception to release.
- • Strong portfolio demonstrating a high level of artistic creativity in one or more game art disciplines across a range of styles.
- • Expert knowledge of Photoshop.
- • Ability to quickly sketch ideas and concepts.
- • Good understanding of latest techniques in 3D modeling.
- • Good knowledge of latest 3D software, preferably Maya.
- • Technical mindset with experience of implementing assets in game engines.
- • Understanding of fundamental art theory including principles of color, light, composition and anatomy.
- • Proven ability to balance esthetics with performance and usability.
- • Ability to present clear documentation communicating ideas both internally and externally.
- • Positive influence and leadership skills.
- • Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written).
- • Motivates and inspires others to generate new ideas.
- • Good organization skills. Anticipates, prioritizes and plans own work.
- • Good coaching skills.
- • Considerable understanding of video games and broad video game culture.
- • Self-motivated and agile.
- • No egos please :)
VISA/Relocation: Willing to help with VISA and relocation for the right awesome candidate.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT APPLICATION WITHOUT A VISUAL PORTFOLIO & EXAMPLES