ABOUT THE ROLE
At Hipster Whale we pride ourselves on delivering high quality games experiences which people love. We’re looking for an experienced QA Tester to champion our studio’s testing processes and help us manage our game releases to customers across many platforms.
You’ll work closely with the rest of the team to ensure we have testing processes in place during all phases of development, but of course focus on keeping our release management as organised as possible so we always have a working snapshot of our top issues. As a seasoned bug catcher, you’ll know how to find, investigate, and report software defects, using clear and concise communication. You’ll be familiar with software testing methodologies and comfortable with carrying out routine testing and reporting.
The person we’re looking for should feel passionate about the role of QA and take pride in what they do. Everyone at Hipster Whale has input into the projects we make, but to be very clear: this is not a junior design role, it’s a critical standalone role within our studio.
- - Demonstrable software testing experience (this role is unfortunately not suitable to those without any industry experience. We’re likely going to be working remote for a while yet, and don’t have the capacity to train up someone without some level of existing experience)
- - Excellent Organisation & Communication skills
- - Able to prioritise tasks and bugs into working plans for release management
- - Familiarity with software testing methodologies
- - Able to perform routine tests, including Smoke, Regression, and Compatibility Testing
- - Able to start immediately
- - Familiarity with JIRA & Confluence
- - Experience managing or working with external QA and Compliance
This is ideally a full-time role, based in our Melbourne studio (eventually, we’re 100% remote right now). We are open to flexible work arrangements and will consider remote applicants in the case we cannot fill the role locally.
Applications close Friday, 20 November 2020.