Games Programming Teacher
* Teach enthusiastic, motivated students
* A creative environment with great industry connections
* Highly experienced team with cutting edge skills
Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE) is Australia's leading educator for Game Development, 3D Graphics and CGI industries, with campuses in Canberra and Melbourne.
The Programming Teacher will be responsible for teaching the Certificate IV in Information Technology (Games Programming) at our Canberra campus. The Certificate IV is a strongly practical and intensive course that focuses on programming using C++ that leads into the second year Diploma of Computer Game Development (Games Programming) course.
The successful applicant will co-ordinate and deliver the course content and will be involved in assessment and other course development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering the course content for the Cert IV in Information Technology
- Handling first year student issues
- Monitoring student progress
- Updating and maintaining course content along with Senior Programming Teacher
- Evaluating & assessment of student work
- Detailed, practical knowledge of C++
- Detailed, practical knowledge of software development and design techniques including, but not limited to procedural programming, functional programming, object oriented design and programming.
- Strong communication skills
- Game development experience
- Teaching experience
This is position involves 24hrs/week teaching load and would suit someone looking for part time employment or full time for a candidate with experience/knowledge in other areas. Salary negotiable based on skills and experience.
Please contact AIE Canberra on 02 6162 5131 or email email@example.com for more information or contact Neil Boyd, Head of School, Academy of Interactive Entertainment, Ph: +61 2 6162 5131, firstname.lastname@example.org