Playcorp is a seasoned game development studio based in Melbourne Australia (Melbourne CBD) working with one of the world’s top publishers on games for PC, PS4 and XBox One. The company is growing strategically as it looks to add experienced game developers.
Playcorp is looking for talented programmers who love games, love gameplay mechanics and love working in teams that turn designs and ideas into beautifully crafted game experiences for players. As a gameplay programmer, you would be an advocate for the player pushing to improve the quality of the player’s experience at every turn.
Playcorp Studios is looking for experienced gameplay programmers, who have a passion for games and gameplay features. As a gameplay programmer you will be helping the team create exceptional player experiences by working closely with designers, artists, programmers and the QA team. The job of a gameplay programmer is to work collaboratively on each feature of the game, bringing together art, design and code.
Requirements and experience:
* At least 2 years of professional game development experience
* 1 or more shipped titles where you were instrumental in creating gameplay mechanics.
* Comprehensive knowledge of C#
* Experienced in Unity 3D
* Excellent problem-solving and good math skills
* Experience with working within an agile environment
* Experience working with source controls (preferably Git)
* Having experience with Issue tracking systems (Preferably JIRA)
* Exceptional communications skills.
* A keen interest in game design and playing games, with a passion to create compelling and fun gameplay experiences.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Working on features in areas such as Game Mechanics, Key Game Features, UI, Animation, Audio, AI and Networking.
* Debugging issues in the game
* Optimization of code to meet performance requirements
* Define the required steps and estimation time to deliver assigned tasks
* Contribute to code review and technical design documentation
* QA testing of other team members’ task submissions
Nice to have
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
* Good understanding of ECS pattern and Unity Dots
* 1 or more shipped title (Console games are a bonus)
* Experience with TDD and unit-testing frameworks
If interested, please send us an email at email@example.com with your CV/Resume and any additional attachments with the title ‘Gameplay Programmer’
Thanks for taking the time to read this!