We're after a Lead Artist with a strong focus on environment work (so yes, it is almost like a Lead Environment Artist :) ) here at BandaiNamco Studios Singapore. We're a smallish studio working on some interesting and fun projects with the BandaiNamco brands. Located in Singapore, tropical sunny safe and convenient city state located in South East Asia. A good technical/business hub and a great launchpad to the regions holiday destinations. Please send through your resume's + links to online portfolios to mbell @ bns-g.com and please use the title format [Lead Artist] *name eg) [Lead Artist] John Smith to help me with filtering. :)
· Set the Visual direction of the project.
· Lead the day to day management of the art teams including Assets, UI, VFX and concept art teams.
· Perform regular appraisals, reviews and objective setting for the art teams.
· Work closely with other departments to ensure the visual target is met or exceeded.
· Actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem-solving discussions.
· Maintain a consistent quality of work while staying on schedule.
· Work within the game engine, to preview, iterate, optimize and polish game assets to achieve the quality bar.
· Ensure good communication and coordination between art teams and other disciplines.
· Explore new technologies on the given platforms to achieve best possible results.
· Prepare and monitor task schedules for art teams in conjunction with Artists and Project Management teams.
· Review assets and levels produced by outsource teams and provide technical and aesthetic feedback.
· Define and enforce good working practices and structure for the given project on scope and resources.
· Ensure good art production standards are set and achieved across the teams.
· Passion for creating stunning visuals.
· Passion for games.
· At least 4+ shipped titles with 2 as Lead Artist.
· An exceptional understanding of Environment, Vehicle, Character, UI, Concept Art and VFX.
· Experience working with outsourced assets and communication with outsource teams.
· Degree level qualification in relevant subject.
· Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player with a positive and a ‘can do’ attitude.
· A strong portfolio demonstrating art creation ability and talent.
· Understanding of project’s visual style and a passion to push it to the next level.
· Assets optimization
· Working knowledge of Unreal or other game engine.
· Well-organized and detail-oriented.
· Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines at all levels.
· Excellent written and verbal communication.
· Ability to take responsibility for big decisions.
· Have shipped AAA PC, or console titles, as a Lead Artist.
· Strong foundation in the traditional arts
· Management and project planning experience.
About BANDAI NAMCO
BANDAI NAMCO Studios Singapore Pte Ltd., part of BANDAI NAMCO Group, is a leading developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile, arcade game and online. The company is known for creating many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, RIDGE RACER®, ACE COMBAT®, WANGAN MIDNIGHT® and ANIMAL KAYSER™.
More information about the company and its products can be found at