Assistant Producer (Art and Internal Development)
Blowfish Studios is expanding its studio and we're seeking an Assistant Producer to join us to create the best PC, console and mobile games! You can look forward to gaining professional game development experience and releasing games on multiple platforms. The ideal candidate has experience working with clients or publishers, but we will provide support and training on the job, so if this is a role that interests you and that you would love to grow into, please apply!
This is a combined role which will offer organisational support to the art team, while gaining experience in the development of internal and live games.
As an Assistant Producer for the Art Team and Internal Development, you will assist the Art Director and Producer in the delivery of the internally developed projects. For your Art Coordinator responsibilities, you will prioritise and resource the internal art department, as well as coordinate with outsourced artists under the guidance of the Studio Art Director and Production Team.
Art Coordinator/Outsourcing Manager
- Gather and follow up on estimates, requirements/action points, and deliverables to ensure deadlines are met
- Support and facilitate the work of the Art team, including improvement of processes including tracking or other documentation
- Coordinate production, feedback, and scheduling of art assets through both internal and outsourced artists
- Reporting to the Producer, manage the build process, following up with Code, Art, and QA to confirm the completion status of a deliverable
- Flag build delivery risks to Producer
- Take meeting notes and follow up on action points
- Have your hand on the pulse of team morale, and be focused on enhancing engagement and excitement while offering support
- Contribute to the improvement of production processes
- Participate in promotional activities for the game/studio
- General studio support, including ordering office supplies, and organisation of studio events
Skills and Experience
- Experience as a Production Assistant, QA or other development staff, or similar experience on roles within tertiary or extra-curricular projects
- Displayed aptitude for organisation, followup, and clear written and verbal communication
- Works independently, but isn’t afraid to ask questions or seek support!
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Qualifications in Art or Project Management are highly regarded, but not necessary
- Has an interest in/understanding of the art pipeline across concept, 3D, animation, vfx, etc
The ideal candidate has practical knowledge and experience within the game or vfx art pipeline, or experience working with clients or publishers, but we will provide support and training on the job, so if this is a role that interests you and that you would love to grow into, please apply!
The successful candidate must also meet the following requirements
- Must be detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects of different priorities.
- Passion for video games and good knowledge of different game genres across all platforms.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player.
- Ability to take direction well.
- Share knowledge and open to learn from others.
Note that while the majority of the studio is working from home, this role will require the ability to come in to our North Sydney office on request.
Primary Software: Google Docs, Trello
Secondary Software: Adobe Photoshop or Creative Suite, Sourcetree (or other git tools), Jenkins
Other Software: Unity, Unreal 4
Platform(s): PC, PS4/5, XB1/SX, Switch, Web, iOS, Android
Required Spoken Language(s): English
Required Work Auth.: Australian Permanent Resident
Location: Sydney - currently working remotely, with weekly in office meetings.
Located in Sydney, Blowfish Studios is an indie game developer and publisher. We create awesome games with creative gameplay & stunning visuals. Be part of a small, talented and creative team of artists, support staff and programmers.
Everyone at Blowfish is driven to create fun and enjoyable games that all types of people will play. We strive for technical and artistic excellence, all while building relationships with our clients and partners. All working together to create games that compete with the best in the world for many different gaming platforms.
We certainly have our favourite games that we like to play and make, but we love creating games in general. Because of this we are able to put all our passion, energy and creativeness into every game we develop. Whether it's our own idea or for one of our clients, we believe in making the best game we can.
Send us links to your most recent work/portfolio, an up-to-date resume and other supporting material to: email@example.com. Make sure you specify the position you are applying for in the subject line!