Mighty Kingdom, Australia's largest independent game development studio are looking for a talented full-time Mid UI Designer to join our Design team in Adelaide, South Australia!
Working closely with the UI Lead, fellow UI Designers, Game Designers and Product Leads you will drive the UI forward to deliver an appealing visual design for our existing and new products.
Winner of Australia Game Developer Awards studio of the year.
A diverse team that values collaboration and creative problem solving.
Flexible work environment (flexible hours, work from home) and a CBD location.
Ability to work from home during COVID outbreaks.
Uncapped leave, including all statutory leave, additional personal leave, menstrual and menopause leave, and recharge leave for when you just need a break.
Employer paid parental leave including superannuation paid throughout parental leave.
- Create pleasing UI art assets to a high quality that align with art direction and push it in the right direction.
- Layout and creation of UI elements in Photoshop, Illustrator and Unity.
- Concept and mocking up of UI style and flow using Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Understanding the brands that you are working with and making sure you are staying on style.
- Communicating with programmers and game designers about how the UI/UX needs to work in the final product.
- Communicating with product leads about the project vision and goals.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Ability to create user-friendly and visually appealing consistent UI art assets (e.g. menus, buttons, icons etc.).
- Solid experience in Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Strong 2D, Graphic Design and Typography skills.
-Knowledge of UI/UX industry standards and trends.
- Understanding of limitations and restrictions of informative display and how it applies to UI design and asset creation.
- Ability to articulate reasoning behind UI design.
- A strong desire to be at the leading edge of UI design through research and competitive analysis.
- Strong interpersonal, team and communication skills.
- A creative person with a strong passion for video games.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken).
- Self-motivated with a passion for solving problems.