Popgun is seeking a talented Game Programmer to join our team and help build our music game Splash on Roblox. Working closely with our Technical Game Lead, you will be developing and shipping new immersive game content and features that our players will love.
- Understand consumer needs and ensure that the elements developed by the team will contribute to player satisfaction and enjoyment.
- Work closely with the Technical Game Lead to design and plan new game content and features based on player feedback and data.
- Collaborate with other developers and designers to bring gameplay to life, including prototyping and refining features.
- Review and balance game economies for accessibility, engagement, and monetisation.
- General troubleshooting with technical aspects.
- Remain current on industry design trends.
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Working experience with programming and scripting languages such as Python, Lua, etc.
- Professional experience in game or technology development.
- Shipped one or more games, apps or digital products.
- Experience with modern development practises such as continuous integration, continuous delivery, version control and testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Organised with an ability to deliver tasks within tight deadlines.
- Persistent self-motivation, initiative, and drive.
- Working rights in Australia.
- Project management experience including scheduling, tracking and reporting.
- Design skills (3D or graphic design).
- Preferably Brisbane based.
What to expect
This is an opportunity to be part of the growth phase of an AI company that is shaping the world of virtual music experiences!
- You will get to work with cutting-edge technology that involves exciting and challenging problems to solve.
- Be part of a small, talented and highly-dynamic team that values initiative and imagination.
- We offer a competitive salary and remote/flexible work options.
Popgun is a Brisbane-based AI company shaping the virtual world of music. Our gaming and mobile products that are powered by our AI music engine have attracted over 15 million users worldwide and we are growing fast!