Popgun is seeking a talented Game Designer to join our team and oversee our music game Splash on Roblox. Working closely with our Technical Game Lead, you will be leading cross-functional teams to develop and ship new content and game features that our players will love.
- Understand consumer needs and ensure that the elements developed by the team will contribute to player satisfaction and enjoyment.
- Work closely with the Technical Game Lead to design and plan new game content and features based on player feedback and data.
- Review and balance game economies for accessibility, engagement, and monetisation.
- Assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work, set priorities and allocate duties for the team.
- Drive and follow-up on prototyping with other designers and developers.
- Manage and supervise the team including being responsible for providing clear and structured project goals, timelines and tasks to complete deliverables within tight deadlines.
- Participate in the recruitment of new team members.
- Foster a positive work environment that is motivating for team members which promotes development and creation.
- Remain current on industry design trends.
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- 4 years of experience (flexible for exceptional candidates) in game or technology development.
- Shipped one or more games, apps or digital products.
- Project management experience including scheduling, tracking and reporting.
- Leadership and strong people skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Persistent self-motivation, initiative, and drive.
- Working rights in Australia.
- Programming skills (Lua experience is a plus).
- Design skills (3D or graphic design).
- Preferably Brisbane based.
What to expect
This is an opportunity to be part of the growth phase of an AI company that is shaping the world of virtual music experiences.
- You will get to work with cutting-edge technology that involves exciting and challenging problems to solve.
- Be part of a small, talented and highly-dynamic team that values initiative and imagination.
- We offer a competitive salary and remote/flexible work options.
Popgun is a Brisbane-based AI company shaping the virtual world of music. Our gaming and mobile products that are powered by our AI music engine have attracted over 15 million users worldwide and we are growing fast!