Scientific Games is a leading innovator in the regulated gaming and global lottery industries. We specialise in the development, production and distribution of fun and exciting products such as Instant Scratch products and systems, Electronic Table Games, Gaming Machines and advanced Casino systems.
Scientific Games has an exciting full time opportunity for a Technical Artist, based in our Silverwater Head Office.
Join an awesome team of highly qualified people across multiple disciplines in our brand new premises and enjoy our facilities such as on-site carpark, games room with console games, ping pong tables, pinball machine and arcade machines.
This unique and exciting position will see you as an integral part of Research & Development Department. As a Technical Artist, you will be working closely the game studio artists and engineers to ensure that the player-facing vision for the game is achieved through application of technical and game engine expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Optimise and integrate digital art assets into the game engine software (Unity), ensuring that digital files run efficiently, and that the designs still maintain a high standard of visual quality.
- Support the creation of digital interactive games through the provision of game engine (Unity) technical expertise and support to the studio team.
- Identify and solve technical issues related to the art and software engineering pipeline.
- Provide artists with technical feedback to ensure the creation of optimized assets.
- Document and evangelize industry best practices.
- Create scripts to optimize game engine workflow and tools.
The successful candidate will have:
- 1-5 years game development studio experience, including working in scripting languages such as C# or .NET
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Art, Related Field, or Equivalent Experience
- Expert in the creation and development of games using Unity, Unreal, or equivalent game engine.
- Working knowledge of both 2D and 3D graphics (Photoshop, After Effects and 3DsMax, or equivalent).
- Familiar with versioning software i.e. Perforce (Preferred), CVS, Alien Brain or similar.
- Experience integrating motion graphics or animations
- Expert of UI / UX principles across various platforms.
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Working knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel and Outlook.
- Familiarity with 3D Studio Max (3DSMAX) or other 3D software.
How to Apply:
If you believe you would excel in either roles please send an application letter addressing the positions key requirements, along with a copy of your CV. Please email to email@example.com
No Recruitment Agencies Please