Be Part of an Innovative, Industry Leading Team
LAI Games is a leading developer and manufacturer of arcade games and products with a portfolio comprised of video games, Virtual Reality experiences, mobile applications, ticket redemption games, and more.
Our development team consists of passionate gamers, driven to make the most fun, engaging and rewarding games and experiences for our players. We collaborate, evaluate, and iterate on everything that goes into the game, with a strong focus on “easy to play, hard to master”, and great user experiences. Our Embedded Developers enjoy all elements of development, leveraging their experience and passion to drive the production of almost every aspect of our game development, from gameplay, audio, lighting, and beyond. One of the most unique and engaging aspects of arcade games is the range of technologies and interface devices used to deliver memorable gameplay experiences. Motivated by the diversity of products, projects and technologies they're exposed to in their role, our Embedded Developers thrive in the collaborative environment that drives the integration of these game elements, delivering incredible, physical games and experiences that no PC, console or mobile can replicate at home.
- Design and develop embedded game firmware with a high standard of code quality, stability, maintainability, readability and performance.
- Take ownership in creating and updating the low level framework that will form the building blocks of the I/O for our games.
- Advise the development team with the scope and resources required for new product ideas, new game features and improvements to our existing game catalogue.
- Work with electrical engineers to integrate custom hardware interfaces into our games and implement tools for thoroughly testing hardware.
- Diagnose and resolve issues with current and past projects, and test to ensure stability.
- Contribute to the design of new product ideas and features.
- Rapidly prototype and iterate on new game ideas to evaluate their fun, feasibility and market fit.
- 3+ years of embedded development experience.
- Strong skills in embedded firmware design and implementation in C/C++
- Strong ability to create portable code.
- Strong analytical and logic reasoning skill.
- Experience using embedded development tools (IDEs, compilers, JTAG, ISP, Oscilloscope, logic analyser).
- Understanding on embedded MCU architectures and peripherals.
- Experience with communication protocols like I2C, SPI, USB, Serial RS232/RS485.
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- A passion for games is critical as you'll be collaborating with the games development team and contributing to LAI Games products.
- Tertiary degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with C#
- Flexible working hours.
- Monthly self-directed personal development days and game jams.
- We finish at 4:30 every Friday afternoon for social drinks and games.
- Work in a dynamic, creative work space located in Singapore's technology and media hub.
- Live and work in amazing Singapore! One of the safest, cleanest, greenest, most well connected and multicultural cities in the world!
- Being a part of the out-of-home entertainment industry, we like to have frequent team events and enjoy what the industry has to offer.
- We have close relationships with key customers such as Timezone, and get to spend a lot of time in their centres.
If this sounds like you, please visit our career portal to submit your application: https://helixleisure.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=91