A Producer at PlaySide Studios is a critical role for ensuring the successful delivery of a game that’s within time, budget as well as hitting our bar of quality that we’re synonymous with. A Producer at PlaySide is regarded as middle management within the company and ultimately takes the onus on the product delivery by leading the development team on any given title. The Producer is expected to do this by ensuring proper top down communication to all developers of a project and draw from experiences from other silos of the business including but not limited to design/creative team and the executive team.
Prior Experience & Skills:
- 3- 5 Years Game Development Experience (Mid and Senior openings available)
- Proven track record of shipped titles
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- Excellent time management skills
- Work with the development team and owns the schedule of the products development. Ensure external dependencies are catered for.
- Form the creative glue between other creative departments to drive the vision of a project & leads standups.
- Ability to identify project inefficiencies & invoke change. Otherwise, raise the inefficiencies with senior management
- Effective communication (verbal & written) both internally (amongst peers) and externally (client facing).
- Effectively understand & reach independent conclusions on issues that may arise during development. This means being accountable for those decisions too.
- Ability to identify & escalate team issues as needed. Especially when it’s a performance driven or output driven issue.
- Inspire subordinates on your team, have face to face meetings as needs be with individuals.
- Have an understanding of studio expenditures when creating product roadmaps. This should include but not be limited to project budgets, staff seniority and their outgoings, public holidays and studio shut down dates.
- Solve problems creatively, not just analytically. That means, using the creative game developer flare to tackle problems.
- Understand driving forces behind games in a free to play market. Criteria such as monetisation, engagement, retention & the identification of a core loop. Suggest improvements as needs be.
- Report back to PlaySide Executives on project health and status.
-Ensures effective use of QA testers time.