C++/C# guru? Physics programmer? Graphics programmer? Game programming experience? Simulation expert? - talk to us
- Global Leader
- Fast Growth and Entrepreneurial Environment
- Innovative Simulation Product
Immersive Technologies is a Perth based high technology company which is looking for both experienced and senior software developers as well as high achieving graduates who have studied in areas such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Games Technology, Mathematics and Physics.
Join our talented, high performing team and work with the best on exciting new products!
What we do
Established in 1993, Immersive Technologies is the leading provider of operator training simulators to the mining industry. Similar to the advanced training simulators used by the aviation and military industries, our products are utilised to safely train mining equipment operators in the correct use of multi-million dollar equipment within a realistic virtual mining environment. Currently Immersive simulates over 70 different types and models of mining equipment, with customers in 30 countries around the world.
Immersive Technologies uses software gaming technologies to build 3D virtual worlds and specialises in vehicle simulation and interactive terrains/materials. We also develop and produce the simulator hardware in-house, which includes 180 degree curved screens, head-tracking, and motion-feedback technologies. Our simulations are primarily developed using C++ with DirectX, and C# for the GUI front end.
Our talented team of software engineers follow an Agile development process and are committed to continuous improvement and following industry best practices. We have virtually no “crunch time” thanks to our iterative based development, automated unit tests and ensuring that our nightly builds are of a quality that they could potentially be released to our customer base.
What we offer to developers
- We are a leading software development house in Perth with a highly talented team. Hone your craft with some of the best developers in Perth
- We have many years of experience running successful agile software projects using SCRUM to regularly deliver new products and features to customers worldwide
- We develop 3D vehicle and material simulations in C++ with DirectX and other gaming technologies
- We develop C# / .Net applications on the Windows platform
- We have a casual and friendly atmosphere, in a bright open plan office with the latest developer hardware and tools
- We have regular gaming nights, social events and have a pool table, dart board and an awesome coffee machine
- We support your learning and growth with 6 hours of personal project time allowed each fortnight, study groups and regular training sessions
- We are an established and successful company and we offer competitive salaries and bonuses
How to Apply
We consider candidates from Australia wide and around the world.
To APPLY for a software development position at Immersive Technologies please email Employment@immersivetechnologies.com and include your resume and a cover letter.
Recent graduates should also include a copy of their academic transcript as well as a 1 page summary of your most interesting project while studying, what successes you experienced and how you personally contributed to the success of the project team.
As we predominately work with C++, candidates may be issued an online C++ assessment before being considered for an interview.
For more information about careers at Immersive Technologies, visit: http://www.immersivetechnologies.com/careers
Alternatively read more about Immersive at the tsumea wiki: http://www.tsumea.com/visualisation/immersive-technologies