Halfbrick Studios, the highly successful Brisbane based studio behind such titles as Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride, Monster Dash, Raskulls and Age of Zombies is seeking a full time Server Programmer to help us develop next generation games.
About Halfbrick Studios
Halfbrick was founded in 2001 and since then has expanded to over 50 of the best staff in the industry. We have successfully released over 16 titles across multiple platforms ranging from the Nintendo DS/DSi right through to Xbox Live Arcade and mobile platforms such as iOS and Android.
About the Position
This job will entail the design and implementation of database and PHP based solutions for several cross game technologies. You will work on a team, developing extremely high volume, highly scalable server solutions for our growing platform needs.
Our people work in smaller, self-directed teams and are given opportunities to contribute to both the design and implementation across all of our games. As a Brick you will be given the freedom to work across multiple areas and make significant contributions to everything you work on.
You will be required to possess:
• Strong knowledge of SQL database programming and server administration.
• Some experience with NoSQL databases.
• A strong attention to detail and a focus on high quality.
• The ability to work well in a team.
• The ability and willingness to learn new technologies quickly.
Things that will help you out but aren’t essential:
• Experience with servers under high load.
• Experience with RESTful services.
• Experience with HTML5.
• Experience with node.js.
• Experience with social games.
• Experience with cloud services (EC2, AppEngine, etc).
• A good design sense and a passion for games.
Halfbrick values its people and strives to provide a creative, rewarding environment where we can pursue our passion of creating great games, without regular crunch periods and other negative aspects that plague more traditional game development.
What to Submit
• Portfolio (incl. websites, hobby projects, open source projects, assignments, artworks).
• Tertiary academic history.
• A cover letter (incl. if you are still studying).
Please submit your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Halfbrick Server Programmer” including your name at the end, eg: “Halfbrick Server Programmer – Barry Steakfries”.
Submissions close 17th of February 2012.
This role is located in Brisbane, Australia. You must live in the area or be willing to relocate.
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Good luck!