Normal Wholesome Games is looking for a talented Unity Gameplay Programmer to contribute to the ongoing development of TombStar, our original IP for PC and Console.
You can take a look at the trailer here:
Working under direction from our project leads, you will be implementing new gameplay mechanics and features including gameplay iterations and new UI systems. You will be provided detailed development tasks in Unity, and there will also be opportunities to contribute your own ideas.
This is a six month full time contract, and can be done remotely. However, it will be necessary to be available during some crossover hours with our team in Melbourne, Australia each day.
What you’ll be doing:
- - Working with our project leads to rapidly iterate on new gameplay features
- - Creating new tools and functionality for use by designers
- - Implementing art assets and animations from our team’s artists
- - Maintaining and iterating current weapon, enemy and level spawning systems
- - Testing and bug-fixing gameplay features
- - Optimizing the game for lower spec systems
- - Supporting our lead programmer with any ad-hoc development tasks
- - Minimum 2 years (or equivalent) experience with Unity and C#
- - Worked on shipped PC/Console titles (commercial games, hobby projects, etc.)
- - Proficiency in designing, coding, debugging, refactoring, profiling, and optimizing new and existing systems with excellent problem-solving skills
- - Ability to work in an existing codebase and collaborate with other team members
- - Initiative and self-motivation to complete your tasks autonomously
- - Experience with version control (SVN, Git, etc.)
- - Familiarity with agile development (Trello, Kanban, sprints, etc.)
- - Enthusiasm for roguelikes and/or top down shooters
- - Experience in other game development disciplines (art, design, UX etc)
If this sounds like you or someone you know, please email us here with a link to your portfolio/CV: