Joy Business Academy is a growing and ambitious studio striving to push the boundaries of lifelong learning. We are calling out for an experienced and insightful UI / UX Designer to come work with our diverse team of programmers, artists, instructional designers, and game designers.
To be successful in the role, you’ll need to be an expert in visual communication. You’ll also be our advocate for user experience, information hierarchy, colour palette, typography, iconography, and other aspects of your craft.
Sounds intriguing? Read up on what we’re looking for—and let us know if you are the one.
Our new UX / UI Designer will be collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team and champion the UX process, with a focus on creating best-practice UX / UI solutions for our projects.
- Mastery of fundamental UX design principles, typography, colour theory, artistic fundamentals.
- Strong 2D art skills.
- A solid grasp of asset design for created elements in respect of slicing and layering—in respect of developer workflows.
- Experience with industry-leading tools such as Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.
- Strong sense of user experience in a variety of technologies (i.e., web, mobile, and even games).
- Organised and detailed with excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Strong graphic design and artistic skills, typography, colour theory etc.
Bonus Points for:
- Degree in an art / design-related subject.
- Understanding of the requirements—and challenges—of game-related UI and user flows.
- Ability to execute a wide range of artistic styles.
- Shipped at least one game as a UI/UX Designer.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with one form of repository management or another (GIT, SVN, Perforce etc.).
- Experience with the Unity UI system.
We’re a team passionate about creating positive social impact through interactive experiences and games. As such, it’s important to us that our staff share the same passion and are advocates for the company values that dictate the way we operate.
You’d be our ideal candidate, if you are…
- Driven and Self-motivated
- Have a sense of social responsibility
- Supportive and team orientated
If this role sound like your next opportunity, please send your resume, examples of your work, and an accompanying cover letter that includes:
- Key relevant experience
- Who you are and how you see yourself fitting into our team
If you have any questions or would like to submit an application, please contact Mila Miranda-Dukoski (email@example.com).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value having members that represent our global diversity. We strongly encourage any individual regardless of race, religion, colour, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status to apply for this role.