About Zero Latency
Zero Latency is the global pioneer and leader in free-roam, multiplayer, virtual reality entertainment and training. Our technology allows your body to become the controller and explore any digital world like you do real life. Our passionate team is based at our company headquarters in Melbourne, Australia, and is dedicated to creating the most immersive and engaging free-roam virtual reality experiences in the world.
Started in 2013, Zero Latency has grown rapidly after securing multiple rounds of funding and is taking the world by storm with rave reviews. In November 2017 Zero Latency took out 3rd place in the Deloitte Tech Fast 50 2017 awards for Australia, and 8th place in the APAC Tech Fast 500 awards, and our games won both first and second prize for best new product at the renowned entertainment expo IAAPA 2017.
Zero Latency created the genre of Free Roam VR with our award winning FRVR system. We opened our first public facility in October 2014. Now with more than 21 existing Zero Latency locations worldwide, we have already established a presence in North America, Asia, and Europe, in addition to our Australian sites.
Over the next 5 years we will grow to a global network of over 100 interconnected entertainment centres, expanding our platform to publish premium content that will include the world’s largest FRVR esports network.
The Senior Artist works closely with the Art Director and will contribute high quality 3D assets, scenes, lighting and renders to projects. They are actively involved in decisions on pipelines and efficiency, and contribute to the day-to-day running of the team. The Senior Artist sets a high bar both in work quality and professionalism, and increases the effectiveness of the team through sharing experience, knowledge and skill.
The Senior Artist may also be called on to represent the art team in cross discipline meetings and is actively involved in scheduling and milestone management.
- - Create high quality game ready models and scenes with minimal direction and high level of autonomy.
- - Review progress of art team tasks and communicate potential issues to Art Director and Project Manager.
- - Work with Art Director to reinforce art style and to resolve stylistic questions.
- - Excellent technical understanding of current asset workflows, shaders and engine capabilities.
- - Improve workflow and efficiency by sharing experience and skill, both verbally and through presentations and/or documentation.
- - Create assets that work optimally within the engine and platform constraints
- - Work closely together with Design and Programming departments to ensure efficiency, high quality and adherence to asset budgets.
- - Set and improve art standards for Zero Latency games.
- - Assist with the QA of new and existing game systems
- - Log work in Jira to ensure transparency and accuracy regarding task estimations
- - Document project information in Confluence.
- - Present work during game content showcase.
- - Participate in project retrospectives and sprint planning.
- - Run game sessions in the Zero Latency test facility and showcase game systems for team members
- - Assist the Project manager facilitate project showcase, retrospectives and sprint planning
- - Assist the Project Manager and Art Director to plan and scope projects
- - Assist art team with the planning and execution of work
Who you are
- - 5+ years’ experience creating high quality assets for video games
- - Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- - High technical ability and understanding of current asset pipelines (including PBR, high > low workflows and lighting)
- - Unreal engine (with Unity experience a bonus)
- - Autodesk Maya (or similar industry recognised software)
- - Substance Painter (with Substance Designer a bonus)
- - Ability to communicate clearly through 2D or 3D concepts and prototypes
- - VR experience not a pre-requisite but is highly desirable
Your ability to think outside the box, develop new ideas, but also move fast when the pressure is on is a huge plus.
Bring your energy, flair and ideas to our fun-loving visionary company who will support you on your mission to help us win.
Why work for Zero Latency?
The best thing about us is the people; you'll never find a friendlier, more hardworking bunch! In addition to that, we offer a professional development budget, team lunches, a cool office, social events, and free ZL tickets. Not to mention that you'll be working on cutting edge technology, of course!
If you’re ready to join us on our journey, send your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com. Make sure you include an answer to the following question in your cover letter: Recall your fondest moment from a video game, and explain what made it so special.