Halfbrick Studios, the highly successful studio behind such titles as Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride, Monster Dash, Raskulls and Age of Zombies is seeking junior programmers to join our talented team in Brisbane.
Ideally, these are full-time positions for recent graduates or those with a little bit of experience under their belts. But, if you are in the final 6 months or so of studying and can commit to working at least 3 days per week for the remainder of your studies before shifting to full time, we want to hear from you!
Halfbrick was founded in 2001 and since then has expanded to over 60 of the best staff in the industry. We have successfully released over 16 titles across multiple platforms ranging from the Nintendo DS/DSi right through to Xbox Live Arcade and new mobile platforms such as the iOS and Android.
About our Teams
Our people work in smaller, self-directed teams and are given opportunities to contribute to both the design and implementation across all of our games. As a Brick, you will be given the freedom to work across multiple areas and make significant contributions to every game you work on.
Halfbrick values its people and strives to provide a creative, rewarding environment where we can pursue our passion of creating great games, without regular crunch periods and other negative aspects that plague more traditional game development.
If you want to make smaller, fun games in a great environment, contact us today!
We are looking for people who...
• Are passionate about games
• Want to work on the kind of games Halfbrick develops
• Pay attention to detail
• Work well in a team
• Focus on high quality
• Have great communication skills
We are seeking a really smart problem solver to handle our support requests who is:
• interested in developing backend games technology
• a good C++ programmer
We are seeking a crack programmer who knows how to make fun games and can read a designer’s mind. You also need:
• strong knowledge of C++
• the ability to self-manage tasks
• to possess a strong sense of gameplay design and theory
• the ability to quickly prototype and demonstrate gameplay mechanics
• previous iPhone or Nintendo DS experience beneficial but not mandatory
What to Submit
• Portfolio (incl. hobby projects, open source projects, assignments)
• Tertiary academic history
• A cover letter (incl. if you are still studying)
Please submit your resume to email@example.com indicating which opportunity you are interested in with the subject line “Halfbrick Brisbane: Gameplay Programmer or Client/Server Programmer – Barry Steakfries”. (But instead of Barry’s name, put your name!)