Halfbrick is a game developing studio that is globally recognised for its success with phone games such as Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride. Headquartered in Brisbane, with awesome teams around the world, we pride ourselves on creating games that people remember for a lifetime. Halfbrick is one of Australia’s longest running and most successful game developers. Our success is built on passion, enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and an openness towards trying different approaches to how we make games. We believe that great teams make great games, and we all work together to achieve the best results. This means that we take our hiring process very seriously, making sure that we’re able to produce great games with the best team.
Why you’ll love it
We are committed to growing our employees, and as such we offer generous benefits and perks. We work hard to foster an intensely collaborative, fun, and creative environment, with training and professional growth opportunities at our forefront. We strongly believe and endorse equal opportunity employment and value diversity at Halfbrick. We work hard to foster a culture that allows our Bricks to be the best they can.
Some Halfbrick perks include:
- Salary sacrifice for phones, laptops, gaming consoles, superannuation and novated lease.
- Weekly massages on site, during working hours.
- Cake on your birthday (and everyone else’s).
- Flexible working hours and work/life balance.
- Social events and Friday night board games/shenanigans.
- Daily breakfast bar.
- Monthly company lunches.
About the opportunity
Graduate opportunities are available in:
▪ Game Design
▪ Gameplay Programming
▪ Data Analysis
▪ Machine Learning
▪ Video Editing
▪ 2D Art
▪ 3D Art
You’re the type of person who wishes to be part of a small, close-knit team of passionate creatives who work together to make valuable contributions to Halfbrick and the games we create.
You will also demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of and experience with our games.
- Original and creative ideas.
- Great team spirit.
- Ability to get involved and contribute to all the awesome games we are working on.
- Pride and responsibility in your work.
- Modesty and respect when receiving and giving feedback.