We’re Dinosaur Polo Club, an award-winning game design studio full of lovely people making games in Wellington, New Zealand. Growing in size, we are on the look-out for an enthusiastic and experienced producer. This person will be instrumental in supporting our games and team members as we continue to develop our critically acclaimed games Mini Metro and Mini Motorways.
We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running confidently, so you’ll ideally have three or more years of production, team support and department leadership experience. In this role, you’ll be responsible for keeping our upcoming and live games and studio environment functioning efficiently and happily. Ideally you will have led production on at least two game projects previously, from pre-production to launch and beyond! You will be proactive in nature with great organisational skills, you will also be someone who wants to help us maintain and grow a fun and inspiring environment where everyone on our team can thrive.
At Dinosaur Polo Club we also value diversity and believe our team should be as varied and wonderful as the people who play our games. Regardless of disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or any other aspects of your culture or identity, we believe you have an important role to play in our studio.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Draft and collaborate with department leads to create and maintain high level production timelines to ensure we’re developing our games on time and on budget.
* Lead team support processes, including facilitating and documenting production one-on-one sessions, team standups, sprint reviews and sprint planning sessions.
* Project management, task and bug tracking, making use of industry standard tools. We use Monday, Jira, Zendesk and Google Sheets predominantly.
* Author and operate testing plans to evaluate in-development features and content with internal and external testing resources.
* Work alongside the marketing and communications department to coordinate long term marketing and release strategy plans for multiple platforms.
* Communicate with platform holders, publishers and stakeholders regularly, delivering project updates and ensuring we are working closely with our partners at all levels.
* Assist in the planning of team upskilling alongside team leads.
* Coordinate the release of major game updates alongside the directors, team leads, and development team.
* Coordinate our attendance at local and international events such as PAX, GDC, NZGDC and Melbourne International Games Week alongside our Studio and Business Manager and Community and Engagement Manager.
* 3+ years working in a production role in games. We will also consider software or film production experience.
* Professional experience with Agile methodologies for games or software development.
* Fantastic organisation skills and a high level of initiative is critical.
* An interest in developing unique and high-quality videogames.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in English.
* Dedication to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment. As a Producer you will be responsible for ensuring all of these qualities are maintained within our team.
DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL:
* Experience working through the entire production process on multiple projects; prototype, to pre-production to production and finally live-ops will be a big bonus!
* Experience preparing and releasing a premium title on mobile, PC or console platforms. F2P experience is also beneficial, but not required.
* A willingness to travel internationally to help and represent Dinosaur Polo Club at conventions and press events (once this is possible and safe again).
* A background in game development, with experience in any of the following; QA, game design, programming or art.
* Experience in these areas would be beneficial to you as you work to understand the scope of work others in the team are responsible for.
REMUNERATION AND NEXT STEPS:
If this strikes you as an exciting opportunity, wonderful! Flick us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
* Annual remuneration of NZ$70k-100k, depending on experience.
* Annual training budget of NZ$7k. This covers NZGDC in New Zealand, GCAP in Melbourne, and GDC in San Francisco, or can be tailored to your preferences.
* Annual contribution of NZ$1k towards your health and wellbeing.
* Quarterly bonuses based on studio performance.
* The position will eventually be full-time and on-site in beautiful Wellington, New Zealand once it is safe to do so. The studio is currently working from home, and this role will be remote until we are able to transition back to the studio. We have a relocation budget for remote applicants, and are willing to support international candidates in the visa process.