Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #10 - Tejay

• Low poly building i made based off a tabletop figure. The final image is of a simple lit render.
    Specs:
    Tris 395
    Texutre >512x512

• Since everyone else is posting theirs, i thought i would too. I decided to model Crono from the Square-enix title Chrono Trigger. I was a little short of time to polish the submission, but i'm happy with the results of the model itself.

I'…

• Unamed: Pheonix Brothers

Bio:
    Unamed was one of two ideticle twins. After birth the mafia collected him from his perants before any record was made of his exsistance. Avioding the eye of the public, he carries out assasinations and…

Submitted by Tejay on

Workin on ideas mostly atm, just starting my post. I gotta say though i'm looking forward to the challenge and i plan on doing much better then last year. I'll probably start sketchin up some of my rough ideas tomorrow.

Submitted by _CAD_ on Tue, 11/11/08 - 2:52 PM Permalink

Sweet, your Zbrush stuff is coming along real well tejay, i love the details on the lower leg and the hands are looking cool as well. 2 small things though i reckon hes rear looks a little unnatural in that it is really small/thin but thats not to big of a deal, but the front of the pants (from a guys perspective:) look really really tight and look like they're pulling up looks a little uncomfortable lol :)

Keep it up tejay

Submitted by Kookiemunster on Mon, 24/11/08 - 1:04 AM Permalink

Hey man nice Z brush work. Just a quick note. I believe your collar bones are sitting just a bit too low. Collar bones usually sit in line with the end top part of the shoulder. its also making your neck muscles ligaments look a bit strange. I think this has come up before as well but I think your head might be a bit small. here is a few golden rules i go by that have come across from traditional drawing techniques. Most people are 7.5 times the height of their head tall. Heroic, or heroine figures, slim and tall ballet dancers are usually roughly 8 heads tall. So cut off your head and do a few tests. that way you will get the size of your head correct. Anyway keep up the great work. would love to see this finished.

Submitted by Tejay on Mon, 24/11/08 - 1:13 AM Permalink

yeah the head i dont really trust to fix in zbrush, i cant see it working to well, so i'll probably addjust it after i have rendered the normal map and then just scale the head. As for the collar bone yeah thanks i didnt see that one, i'll fix it up next time i am in zbrush.

Posted by Tejay on

Workin on ideas mostly atm, just starting my post. I gotta say though i'm looking forward to the challenge and i plan on doing much better then last year. I'll probably start sketchin up some of my rough ideas tomorrow.

Submitted by _CAD_ on Tue, 11/11/08 - 2:52 PM Permalink

Sweet, your Zbrush stuff is coming along real well tejay, i love the details on the lower leg and the hands are looking cool as well. 2 small things though i reckon hes rear looks a little unnatural in that it is really small/thin but thats not to big of a deal, but the front of the pants (from a guys perspective:) look really really tight and look like they're pulling up looks a little uncomfortable lol :)

Keep it up tejay

Submitted by Kookiemunster on Mon, 24/11/08 - 1:04 AM Permalink

Hey man nice Z brush work. Just a quick note. I believe your collar bones are sitting just a bit too low. Collar bones usually sit in line with the end top part of the shoulder. its also making your neck muscles ligaments look a bit strange. I think this has come up before as well but I think your head might be a bit small. here is a few golden rules i go by that have come across from traditional drawing techniques. Most people are 7.5 times the height of their head tall. Heroic, or heroine figures, slim and tall ballet dancers are usually roughly 8 heads tall. So cut off your head and do a few tests. that way you will get the size of your head correct. Anyway keep up the great work. would love to see this finished.

Submitted by Tejay on Mon, 24/11/08 - 1:13 AM Permalink

yeah the head i dont really trust to fix in zbrush, i cant see it working to well, so i'll probably addjust it after i have rendered the normal map and then just scale the head. As for the collar bone yeah thanks i didnt see that one, i'll fix it up next time i am in zbrush.