Skip to main content

Work Expeiance

Submitted by bullet21 on

I live in melbourne and i am about to go into year 11. I've been trying to ask around for work experiance in this area (3D modelling, Animating) does anyone know of any places that take students for Work experiance. All help is appreciated

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 26/06/04 - 7:18 PM Permalink

Well it all finished yesterday, i was quite sad to go. But still i had a blast while i was there and most importantly i got an insight into the games industry.

I spent most my time doing pixel pushing and so on for mobile games. thank god for sume pixel town or else i would have looked quite the fool, and not known what to do. Anyway the guys there are excellant, i don't even think the teachers at school are as helpful as they were :P.

Seeing as it was my last day, we spent the last half of it playing games over the network, battlefield and quake 3 mainly. But i had fun and a shit load of it. God Bless You Wicked Witch.

So with that, another chapter in the ggreat book that is my life closes.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 26/06/04 - 9:16 PM Permalink

man sounds like you had a blast, now thats a work experience to envy :D

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 26/06/04 - 10:32 PM Permalink

Where there a bunch of other guys doing work experience at the same time as you were bullet21 ?

Submitted by bullet21 on Sun, 27/06/04 - 4:41 AM Permalink

yeah, even the ceo of wicked witch danivel visser, was saying shit like how we've got an army of work XP students. There was 4 in total, 2 year 10's me and an year 12.

Submitted by Red 5 on Thu, 01/07/04 - 9:01 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by bullet21

daniel forgot one of the passwords to the machine and i just played games over the network with the other guys working there most the time.

LOL, now why doesn't that supprise me [:D]

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 01/07/04 - 9:47 AM Permalink

Not sure whether the playing games thing was really all that good a 'work experience' at all.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 01/07/04 - 10:10 PM Permalink

oh lighten up hazard, it dosent have to be all stacking shelves :P you can have some time alocated to just simply enjoying yourself :D

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 02/07/04 - 1:39 AM Permalink

well, it was more an experiance than work, but there was work involved, and it was a shit load of fun.

Submitted by Me109 on Fri, 02/07/04 - 3:30 AM Permalink

Cool dude.. I'm glad you had a positive experience!!

Submitted by Jason on Thu, 08/07/04 - 4:13 AM Permalink

Hey wow it sounds like you had a really good time! I'm looking for work experience also. But I'm a university student and I have to complete 2 weeks worth of unpaid work experience to complete my degree!! Even though a lot of companies brush off work exp, do you think if I sent some good examples of my drawings and 3d models they'd be more inclined to take me on? Or do they not consider anyone fullstop?

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 08/07/04 - 6:24 PM Permalink

I think a lot of companies don't consider anyone fullstop, but hey show them your pics give it a try. It wasn't that easy for me either.

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 08/07/04 - 9:24 PM Permalink

Moonunit : Ahhhhh youth is wasted on the young. [:P]

Posted by bullet21 on

I live in melbourne and i am about to go into year 11. I've been trying to ask around for work experiance in this area (3D modelling, Animating) does anyone know of any places that take students for Work experiance. All help is appreciated

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 26/06/04 - 7:18 PM Permalink

Well it all finished yesterday, i was quite sad to go. But still i had a blast while i was there and most importantly i got an insight into the games industry.

I spent most my time doing pixel pushing and so on for mobile games. thank god for sume pixel town or else i would have looked quite the fool, and not known what to do. Anyway the guys there are excellant, i don't even think the teachers at school are as helpful as they were :P.

Seeing as it was my last day, we spent the last half of it playing games over the network, battlefield and quake 3 mainly. But i had fun and a shit load of it. God Bless You Wicked Witch.

So with that, another chapter in the ggreat book that is my life closes.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 26/06/04 - 9:16 PM Permalink

man sounds like you had a blast, now thats a work experience to envy :D

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 26/06/04 - 10:32 PM Permalink

Where there a bunch of other guys doing work experience at the same time as you were bullet21 ?

Submitted by bullet21 on Sun, 27/06/04 - 4:41 AM Permalink

yeah, even the ceo of wicked witch danivel visser, was saying shit like how we've got an army of work XP students. There was 4 in total, 2 year 10's me and an year 12.

Submitted by Red 5 on Thu, 01/07/04 - 9:01 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by bullet21

daniel forgot one of the passwords to the machine and i just played games over the network with the other guys working there most the time.

LOL, now why doesn't that supprise me [:D]

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 01/07/04 - 9:47 AM Permalink

Not sure whether the playing games thing was really all that good a 'work experience' at all.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 01/07/04 - 10:10 PM Permalink

oh lighten up hazard, it dosent have to be all stacking shelves :P you can have some time alocated to just simply enjoying yourself :D

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 02/07/04 - 1:39 AM Permalink

well, it was more an experiance than work, but there was work involved, and it was a shit load of fun.

Submitted by Me109 on Fri, 02/07/04 - 3:30 AM Permalink

Cool dude.. I'm glad you had a positive experience!!

Submitted by Jason on Thu, 08/07/04 - 4:13 AM Permalink

Hey wow it sounds like you had a really good time! I'm looking for work experience also. But I'm a university student and I have to complete 2 weeks worth of unpaid work experience to complete my degree!! Even though a lot of companies brush off work exp, do you think if I sent some good examples of my drawings and 3d models they'd be more inclined to take me on? Or do they not consider anyone fullstop?

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 08/07/04 - 6:24 PM Permalink

I think a lot of companies don't consider anyone fullstop, but hey show them your pics give it a try. It wasn't that easy for me either.

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 08/07/04 - 9:24 PM Permalink

Moonunit : Ahhhhh youth is wasted on the young. [:P]