Skip to main content

Tantalus Hiring

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/css%5Cspn/Tantalus.gif[/img]

Melbourne based developer Tantalus Interactive is looking for experienced game developers to join its team working on high profile, original titles for the PSP and DS. We are recruiting for the following positions:

Games Programmers
Game Designer
Casual Testing Staff
Producer (Industry Experience)

Please see the Jobs section of our website (www.tantalus.com.au) for position descriptions and application requirements. All applications and enquiries should be sent to jobs@tantalus.com.au

Game Programmers (Industry Experience)

Come and join us at Tantalus. We offer a work environment unparalleled in Australia, complete with a studio full of highly talented highly trained professionals who share your passion for making world beating games.

Criteria:

Proficiency in C/C++

A qualification, or part of a qualification, in a course such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics (or equivalent experience)

Industry experience, having worked on at least one published title from concept through completion.- A serious passion for making great games.

Requirements:

A succinct, introductory letter or email of application, subject "Game Programmer - industry experience".

Current resume.

Appropriate academic transcripts.

[OPTIONAL] Any demos you may have written or worked on.

Game Designer (Industry Experience)

Criteria:

Industry experience, having worked as game designer on at least one published title from concept through completion.

Exemplary command of the English language and a knack for working your ideas into stimulating, useful documentation.

A thorough understanding of video game culture, its products and the industry in general.

A thorough appreciation of the creativity versus pragmatism equation of contemporary game design.

Requirements:

A succinct, introductory letter or email of application, subject "Game Designer."

Current resume.

Designs and documentation that demonstrate your ability to fill this position (not compulsory, but preferable).

Miscellaneous:

Preference will be given to those who can provide solid, relevant professional referees.

Only applications addressing the selection criteria will be considered.

Casual Game Testers (Industry Experience)

These positions are casual, on call, with full time hours when working.

Criteria:

Industry/game testing experience, preferably through Alpha stage onwards.

Familiarity with TRC/TCR compliance testing preferable.

Familiarity with development language/lingo.

Experience with Bugzilla bug tracking software, or similar.

Ability to work well autonomously and as a team member.

Excellent communication skills, with the ability to succinctly articulate findings in written and oral reports.

Ability to work to a deadline.

Passion for gaming.

Requirements:

A succinct, introductory letter or email of application, subject "QA - June 2006"

Current resume.

Miscellaneous:

Preference will be given to those who can provide solid, relevant professional referees.

When working, the role is full time and may include weekend work. Students will not be considered for these positions.

Producer

Come and join us at Tantalus. We offer a work environment unparalleled in Australia, complete with a studio full of highly talented highly trained professionals who share your passion for making world beating games.

Criteria:

Proficiency in MS Word, Project and Excel. Preference will be given to those with experience on industry standard 2D and 3D art packages.

Industry experience, having worked on at least one published title from concept through completion as primary producer.

A serious passion for making great games.

Requirements:

A succinct, introductory letter or email of application, subject "Game Producer - industry experience".

Current resume.

Posted by souri on
Forum

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/css%5Cspn/Tantalus.gif[/img]

Melbourne based developer Tantalus Interactive is looking for experienced game developers to join its team working on high profile, original titles for the PSP and DS. We are recruiting for the following positions:

Games Programmers
Game Designer
Casual Testing Staff
Producer (Industry Experience)

Please see the Jobs section of our website (www.tantalus.com.au) for position descriptions and application requirements. All applications and enquiries should be sent to jobs@tantalus.com.au

Game Programmers (Industry Experience)

Criteria:

Proficiency in C/C++

A qualification, or part of a qualification, in a course such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics (or equivalent experience)

Industry experience, having worked on at least one published title from concept through completion.- A serious passion for making great games.

Requirements:

A succinct, introductory letter or email of application, subject "Game Programmer - industry experience".

Current resume.

[OPTIONAL] Any demos you may have written or worked on.

Game Designer (Industry Experience)

Criteria:

Industry experience, having worked as game designer on at least one published title from concept through completion.

Exemplary command of the English language and a knack for working your ideas into stimulating, useful documentation.

A thorough understanding of video game culture, its products and the industry in general.

A thorough appreciation of the creativity versus pragmatism equation of contemporary game design.

Requirements:

A succinct, introductory letter or email of application, subject "Game Designer."

Current resume.

Designs and documentation that demonstrate your ability to fill this position (not compulsory, but preferable).

Miscellaneous:

Casual Game Testers (Industry Experience)

These positions are casual, on call, with full time hours when working.

Criteria:

Industry/game testing experience, preferably through Alpha stage onwards.

Familiarity with TRC/TCR compliance testing preferable.

Familiarity with development language/lingo.

Experience with Bugzilla bug tracking software, or similar.

Ability to work well autonomously and as a team member.

Excellent communication skills, with the ability to succinctly articulate findings in written and oral reports.

Ability to work to a deadline.

Passion for gaming.

Requirements:

A succinct, introductory letter or email of application, subject "QA - June 2006"

Current resume.

Miscellaneous:

When working, the role is full time and may include weekend work. Students will not be considered for these positions.

Producer

Criteria:

Proficiency in MS Word, Project and Excel. Preference will be given to those with experience on industry standard 2D and 3D art packages.

Industry experience, having worked on at least one published title from concept through completion as primary producer.

A serious passion for making great games.

Requirements:

A succinct, introductory letter or email of application, subject "Game Producer - industry experience".

Current resume.