Skip to main content

Environment Artist for Imaginary Numbers

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

This role will be involved in all aspects of modelling, effects, animation and texturing, with special focus on environment modelling and texturing.

The ideal candidate must have:

* Extensive experience in Maya (preferred), 3D Studio Max, or other professional 3D package
* Extensive experience in Photoshop, including texture painting
* A strong understanding of game art production and concepts, including polygon and texture efficiency
* The candidate be highly motivated and possess self management skills, as well as strong teamwork and communication skills

Additionally, the following will be highly regarded:

* Experience creating in-game environments
* Level Design experience

Previous commercial experience is required. This is a senior role, and will suit someone with several years of experience looking to advance their career with a central role at a new studio.

This role will report to the Lead Artist, and will offer an excellent salary and benefits, commensurate with experience.

Online portfolios and/or CDs are preferred, however VHS demo reels will be accepted. Please do not send original work, as we cannot return all applications. Please quote reference w4832 when applying.

Please send applications including cover letter, CV, and samples to:

careers@imaginarynumbers.com

PLEASE NOTE: only applicants legally allowed to work in Australia are currently being considered for these positions, and all positions are based in Sydney.

http://www.imaginarynumbers.com/careers.shtml

Posted by souri on
Forum

This role will be involved in all aspects of modelling, effects, animation and texturing, with special focus on environment modelling and texturing.

The ideal candidate must have:

* Extensive experience in Maya (preferred), 3D Studio Max, or other professional 3D package
* Extensive experience in Photoshop, including texture painting
* A strong understanding of game art production and concepts, including polygon and texture efficiency
* The candidate be highly motivated and possess self management skills, as well as strong teamwork and communication skills

Additionally, the following will be highly regarded:

* Experience creating in-game environments
* Level Design experience

Previous commercial experience is required. This is a senior role, and will suit someone with several years of experience looking to advance their career with a central role at a new studio.

This role will report to the Lead Artist, and will offer an excellent salary and benefits, commensurate with experience.

Online portfolios and/or CDs are preferred, however VHS demo reels will be accepted. Please do not send original work, as we cannot return all applications. Please quote reference w4832 when applying.

Please send applications including cover letter, CV, and samples to:

careers@imaginarynumbers.com

PLEASE NOTE: only applicants legally allowed to work in Australia are currently being considered for these positions, and all positions are based in Sydney.

http://www.imaginarynumbers.com/careers.shtml