Skip to main content

Senior 3D Artist opening at Perception - Sydney

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Submitted by (Anne)

Senior 3D Artist

Perception, based in Sydney, is a self-funded Game Studio in operation since 1995. Perception is currently developing a game based on a popular sci-fi TV series, licensed from a major film studio. We are looking for a talented and experienced 3D Artists to join our team in developing top-quality PS2, PC and X-box games. To find out more about Perception, please visit www.perception.com.au

Requirements
? Strong animation, modeling, and texturing skills.
? Extensive 3DSMAX, Photoshop / painter and Character Studio skills
? Console development experience on at least one commercial released game (PS2 preferred)
? A minimum of 3-4 years experience in real-time 3D game development.
? Experience leading an art group
? The ability to accurately estimate completion time of various art assets
? The ability to identify 3D engine constraints and find creative work-around solutions
? Excellent verbal and written communication skills
? Ability to work well within a small team.
? Must have solid communication skills.

Desirable Skills:

? Formal education degree (Bachelor, Associate, Art School
? Understanding of lighting concepts, and the ability to effectively light environments
? Level design and construction
? 2D life drawing skills
? Ability to effectively teach others and experience in managing/mentoring other artists
? Avid gamer

If you believe that you are the right person for this position, please forward your resume and online portfolio to: jobs@perception.com.au

When applying for this position, please state your salary expectations and quote the Reference: 3DA02.

Posted by souri on
Forum

Submitted by (Anne)

Senior 3D Artist

Perception, based in Sydney, is a self-funded Game Studio in operation since 1995. Perception is currently developing a game based on a popular sci-fi TV series, licensed from a major film studio. We are looking for a talented and experienced 3D Artists to join our team in developing top-quality PS2, PC and X-box games. To find out more about Perception, please visit www.perception.com.au

Requirements
? Strong animation, modeling, and texturing skills.
? Extensive 3DSMAX, Photoshop / painter and Character Studio skills
? Console development experience on at least one commercial released game (PS2 preferred)
? A minimum of 3-4 years experience in real-time 3D game development.
? Experience leading an art group
? The ability to accurately estimate completion time of various art assets
? The ability to identify 3D engine constraints and find creative work-around solutions
? Excellent verbal and written communication skills
? Ability to work well within a small team.
? Must have solid communication skills.

Desirable Skills:

? Formal education degree (Bachelor, Associate, Art School
? Understanding of lighting concepts, and the ability to effectively light environments
? Level design and construction
? 2D life drawing skills
? Ability to effectively teach others and experience in managing/mentoring other artists
? Avid gamer

If you believe that you are the right person for this position, please forward your resume and online portfolio to: jobs@perception.com.au

When applying for this position, please state your salary expectations and quote the Reference: 3DA02.